VW - Project Manager / NY
VW - Project Manager / NY
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles: we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking; we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture, and brand experiences; we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end.
Who we are looking for:
The Wunderman Thompson Project Manager is responsible for client satisfaction, quality of work and project profitability. In this role, you will ensure that the project deliverables map to the business objectives. Ideally, you will have at least three years of experience in advertising or marketing communications (including consumer brand experience) and hands-on experience managing websites and other interactive media. This position requires work in an agile framework with multiple teams co-located, the dual ability to maintain the broad vision required for executing a project, including strategic thinking & leadership from beginning to end, as well as the talent for overseeing all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Provide team leadership; work with the leads to ensure project success within budget, timeline, and scope.
- Manage project profitability; plan, track and approve project expenses, billing and invoices.
- Oversee the creation of goals and strategy throughout project.
- Communicate expectations to client, team members and manage the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and development, testing and launch.
- Create and oversee project schedule; ensure timely completion through all phases; take lead on quality control issues; write and present project plans/risks in collaboration with other team members.
- Develop required documentation for all projects.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in advertising or marketing communications; Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience managing websites and CRM
- Familiarity with common Agile practices as well as Waterfall
- Bachelor's degree with a major in marketing, communications, business or other closely-related areas. PMP certification a plus.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including exposure to clients and ability to lead project teams.
- Able to demonstrate proven organizational and project management skills and must be detail oriented.
- Strong presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of emerging web standards and CRM solutions.
- E-commerce, retail and consumer brand marketing experience are highly desired.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.