Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Budapest is seeking a Developer who is proficient in PHP and has willingness to deepen their knowledge in Drupal. In this role, you will be part of a Software team that works on mission critical applications.
You will be responsible for Drupal application development (Drupal 8, Back-end and Theming) as well as participating in back-end development tasks and providing services in the full software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing.
What you’ll do:
- Design, document and implement APIs and related services
- Develop Drupal web application solutions, create back-end functions, and apply themes.
- Serve as the liaison in translating functional and system requirements into technical solutions.
- Proactively take part in and clearly communicate through every stage of the project lifecycle.
- Plan ahead and mitigate technical risk on projects.
- Write clean and maintainable code.
- Review code with your peers.
Where your focus will be:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. You’ll be the point person for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project, product and development teams for the new .com experience. Review team deliverables. Provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as WT Budapest sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices.
Who you are:
- A weirdo | We are proud to be an open, diverse place where people feel inspired to learn and express their own ideas.
- Diverse | Bringing together people of various backgrounds with different life experiences can generate ideas or perspectives that others may not have ever considered or been aware of.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you’ll need:
- Experience in PHP web application development.
- Experience in using different database systems: MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience in version control and continuous integration systems.
- Ability to follow clean code practices.
- Understand front-end technologies.
- Bonus for Azure or other cloud platform knowledge, Drupal / Acquia certifications.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
What you can expect:
- Award-winning office
- Friendly, small team
- International projects
- Annual team building days
- International training possibilities
- Remote work opportunity (even if you live in Budapest)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.