Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson, Midwest is seeking a UX Experience Designer to be responsible creating world-class experience design for a portfolio of clients. You are a highly-skilled UX designer who can help synthesize and translate abstract concepts into simple, thoughtful design solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences.
You’re someone who thrives at the intersection of data, technology and creativity and have a thoughtfulness in how you develop the delicate balance between form and function in your designs. You’re a UX designer at your core, but have a solid understanding of visual systems and a strategic point-of-view about both the art and science behind your work. You have an ability to understand data, parse through ambiguity, and find continuity between disparate thoughts, inspiring those around you. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations, actions, and how you can forge a tight connection between their needs and business goals.
You believe that the best products are created in collaboration to envision and iterate concepts, and deliver world-class experiences. You have an ability to look at a problem, deconstruct it, and help find a way to make it better through design. You’re a restless futurist and innovator, inspired by emerging technologies and human nature, while remaining keenly focused on the practical needs of today’s brands.
What you’ll be doing:
- User-Experience Design | You’ll work and help support your team iteratively through the entire UX design process from strategy to implementation, producing detailed client-facing UX deliverables and specifications. Informed by data and research, optimized via testing, you’re able to help create inspiring experiences that ladder up to the larger experience vision by performing a range of design tasks and creating artifacts such as: User flows, wireframes, functional prototypes. You’ll also work with others to help support the completion and creation of tasks and deliverables such as user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, design systems, and usability testing.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Strategists, Content Strategists, Visual Designers, Copywriters, Project Managers and Technologists, serving as the experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions.
Who you are:
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful problem solver that crafts inspiring and useable solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the human, technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for how the user, business, data, and disparate parts of a system work together to improve the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just answering a client’s problems, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of your work is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to synthesize and present your work to others. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years specializing in user experience design across digital platforms.
- Have worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Proficiency in using Sketch/Adobe XD, Photoshop, and InVision.
- Ability to create conceptual prototypes that convey behavior.
- Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures and usability principles.
- An understanding of front-end development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- Familiarity working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards.
- Proven track record executing UX tasks for complex website builds.
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- A diverse portfolio of work that showcases your user-centered design experience
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.