Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
International Meetings and Science is seeking a VP, Medical Director, in our Stamford, CT office, who will be responsible for providing strategic insight and medical direction based on thorough knowledge of the Client’s product and therapeutic area. The VP, Medical Director partners with clients, opinion leaders, other internal and external scientific professionals as well as with other Scientific Services colleagues and the Account Services team to ensure ongoing, positive relationships with our clients.
Our ideal candidate is able to translate the science concisely and creatively, helping to produce effective promotional medical education materials. The candidate should have a client-service mentality, understanding how to partner with other Scientific colleagues and Account Services team and interact with Key Opinion Leaders, and other internal and external scientific professionals, to ensure ongoing, positive relationships both internally and externally.
What you'll do:
- Client | Engage in client interaction including running teleconferences and client meetings, answering questions regarding content issues on manuscripts, presentations, attend meetings & demonstrate knowledge of content. Liaise with client and authors to ensure project timelines are met. Serve as a medical expert on internal teams, and with clients
- Manage | Effectively manage multiple accounts from a scientific perspective including publication plans, advisory boards, and symposia. Manage Biomedical Writers and Associate Medical Directors, and delegate literature search on background of drug and/or therapeutic category. Manage freelance writers – assign projects, provide direction, ensure project is on strategy. Provide references & direction, answer questions, manuscript overview concept sheet and review/critique drafts. outlines, slides, and slide notes as well as other content. Ensure staff understands and follows process and provide recommendations.
- Collaborate | Work in partnership with account services counterpart for client projects.Collaborate with teams to ensure that materials meet clients’ strategic specifications. Critique drafts, query and identify resources needed to meet deadline/deliverable and within budget. Partner with account services and finance on timelines and resource utilization as well as review and assess budget.
- Agency Growth | Identify and secure business opportunities on account (e.g. organic growth). Manage scientific research in new business pitches with account services counterpart. Identify and secure business opportunities on account. Partner with scientific leadership to grow the culture, reputation, and success of the company. Cultivate existing relationships with key opinion leaders and initiate new relationships to drive appropriate communication strategies and content.
Who you are:
- Growth-Minded | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Successful track record of building client relationships. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Provide a consultative, conscientious and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage.
- Leader | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, financial analyses, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day account problem solving by providing guidance to junior team and raising issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute scientific communications and promotional initiatives for clients.
- Highly organized individual who is able to effectively synthesize information, and communicate clearly with clients and agency staff and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams and projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of pharma regulations on promotion.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with presenting to large groups and acting as knowledge expert.
- Ability to interpret data, develop key insights and assess the impact of recommendations on client business objectives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Abilities to successfully lead and inspire teams.
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (ie, PhD, PharmD, MD).
- 5+ years in of agency experience across multiple therapeutic areas or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience leading teams.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.