Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a Senior AEM Developer to join our diverse global team. In this busy and varied role you will be responsible for the innovation, development and execution of marketing technology initiatives, primarily focused on development and implementation tasks on the Adobe Experience Manager platform. You'll be translating and developing requirements from our wider content and design teams into technology specifications and solutions; you'll work in a dynamic environment and work on several projects in parallel. You'll have exposure to some of the biggest brands, most elaborate projects, and also most highly rated specialists globally. We put an emphasis on development and growth, we want you to remain specialists in your fast changing field, so you will be encouraged to keep up to date with technology and market developments. In this role, you'll be working alongside a team of experts in advertising, content, CRM, and UX - we are a truly integrated offering, and we want you to join us, to be part of our marketing leading end to end solution.
- You'll develop software solutions for innovative global brands, working as part of our global technology network.
- Supporting internal users as a subject matter expert, recommending enhancements, best practices and new processes to optimize use and adoption of the platform
- You'll ensure that the software is maintainable, scalable, secure and of a high quality;
- Mentor intermediate and junior developers to encourage best-practice standards and methodologies;
- Assist the Technical Lead with estimations on new tasks and projects;
- Run product demonstrations of completed work to clients and other project stakeholders;
- Collaborate with other team members of the project, such as usability, design, front-end,
- QA and project managers;
- Actively participate in client workshop and project status calls;
- Able to manage an end-to-end code release process;
- Ability to work without supervision.
Who you are:
- Most importantly, you'll be experienced in the development and deployment of AEM.
- Ability to partner effectively with non-technical colleagues and communicate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Experience building and managing AEM integrations with external products/services.
Our tech stack:
- Java 7+
- MVN, Design patterns
- Spring MV, JUnit or TestNG
- Powermock & Mockito
- AEM 6.0, AEM 6.1, AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3+
- Java Servlets, OSGi and Components, JCR Oak Queries
- Sightly (HTL), Classic UI and Touch UI dialogs
- Widgets, Sling Models, Zen Garden 6.3+
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, or maybe just have a social drink in our in-house cafe and bar!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.