Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Budapest is seeking a Front-End Developer who is essentially curious. After all, in a world that is constantly changing, the today's trends will become the standards of tomorrow. These days, to be up-to-date, a Front-End Developer needs to be an enthusiastic learner of all things digital, and flexible enough to adapt to new technologies any time.
What you’ll do:
- Create user-friendly interfaces for our clients working closely with a full-service development team.
- Build and maintain reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
Where your focus will be:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. You’ll be the point person for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project, product and development teams for the new .com experience. Review team deliverables. Provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as WT sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of developer experience including 2+ years of experience as a front end developer, preferably in agency environment
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, with Adobe Illustrator skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience developing enterprise web applications
- Experience in understanding of preprocessors like SASS
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Experience in testing and debugging (frameworks, methodologies, tools)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in web-accessibility (WCAG), ability to write strong semantic mark up
- Excellent understanding of the latest frontend technologies (frameworks, tools)
- Ability to evaluate and use 3rd party systems, external libraries
- Experience of Agile development methods, preferably Scrum
- Experience of WebGL and canvas animation and frameworks
- Experience in Gulp/Grunt/Yarn
- Hands-on experience of modern JS technologies, such as React/React Native/AngularJS
- Experience in back end technologies, frameworks (.NET, PHP, Drupal, Sitecore)
- Capability to manage, follow-up own development tasks
What you can expect:
- Award-winning office
- Friendly, small team
- International projects
- Annual team building days
- International training possibilities
- Remote work opportunity (even if you live in Budapest)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.