Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Data is seeking a strong Senior Systems Administrator to plan, support, and manage the administration of all Wunderman Thompson Data’s computing, LAN/WAN networking, and communication equipment. The team builds, deploys and administers Linux and Windows servers in a globally distributed physical and virtual environment. As part of a team, this position primary responsibility will be building and maintaining a reliable, fault tolerant and secure cloud computing environment in Azure, GCP and AWS.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Perform hands on management of cloud infrastructure. Assist with maintaining system and network documentation.
- Automate | Automation of repetitive administration tasks using DevOps/SecOps and automation tools.
- Team | Partner with IT team members across the organization to assess and solve IT issues both local and remote. Willingness to work after-hours as required, including participation in the department on-call rotation.
Who you are:
- Detail-oriented | This role requires a natural problem solver and someone who is inquisitive and enjoys creating innovative solutions.
- Communicator | Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience in a Linux/Windows mixed computing environment.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux in a networked environment.
- 5+ years cloud experience with a major cloud service provider (Azure experience required)
- Ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced, rapid growth environment.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or related technical training preferred.
- Required to be available for on-call duties and must be reachable during those times.
- Any relevant industry certifications a plus.
All Wunderman Thompson Data employees are expected to follow the physical security policy covering access to the Wunderman Thompson Data facilities and controlled areas. All Wunderman Thompson Data employees are expected to comply with the acceptable use policy covering the use and protection of company equipment, applications and network. All Wunderman Thompson Data employees are expected to comply with the Code of Conduct related to Wunderman Thompson Data’s expectations for all employees to conduct business in an ethical manner. All Wunderman Thompson Data employees are expected to report any security incidents in a timely fashion. Training will be provided to all personnel upon hire with annual updates.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team you could have access to private sensitive records including social security numbers, demographics and other Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that if disclosed could result in legal action. If you are working with a health care client you could also have access to Personal Health Information (PHI) which is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Wunderman Thompson Data considers any data coming from a healthcare client to be PHI. You will also could have access to sensitive corporate information such as contracts and plans that are subject to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). You will be expected to be aware of and follow all policies and procedures related to disclosure and storage of information and records retention. You will also have elevated privileges to many devices and / or applications and need be aware of and follow the policies and procedures defining access management, malicious code management, network management, configuration management and change control. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to set and enforce security policies to protect the company, assets and people.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.