Senior Experience Strategist
Senior Experience Strategist
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson, Midwest is seeking a Senior Experience Strategist to be responsible for creating strategy artifacts for a range of projects. You are skilled and a highly-proficient expert in user-centered strategy and insight-driven design. You’re someone who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts and content into simple, innovative solutions that frame clear opportunities to build strong product and service experiences.
You’re a seasoned practitioner who can zoom in and out and thrives at the intersection of data, technology, and creativity. You enjoy pushing a vision and bringing it to life, getting your mind and hands in the details. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations and needs, fluent in the end to end customer journey. You flourish when thinking about the role of content in delivering world-class, omnichannel experiences that drive your clients’ business. You have an ability to look at a situation, deconstruct it, and devise a way to make it better. You’re a restless futurist, inspired by brand and business innovation and emerging technologies, while remaining keenly focused on solving the needs of today’s brands.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Define | Work directly with clients at the outset of an assignment to define (or redefine) the right opportunity and the right problem to solve. Present directly to clients, gaining their trust by telling a concise and compelling story to explain our strategies and approach.
- Innovate | Provide analysis and artifacts to help devise world-class insights that contribute to thoughtful and potentially disruptive strategies, by helping develop deliverables such as research plans and analysis, experience briefs, customer journeys, roadmaps, and participating in workshops. You’ll provide strategic inputs throughout the creation of the products – from vision and conception to launch and optimization.
- Collaborate | You’ll serve as a subject-matter expert in all things experience strategy and help lead both clients and peers alike to help think about opportunities that solve business challenges, while meeting brand and customer needs. You’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary group of Content Strategists, Designers, Project Managers, Account Teams, and Technologists, demonstrating and inspiring by showing your knowledge of your craft.
Who you are:
- Systematically Creative Thinker | You’re an analytical and technically-minded problem solver with a brain for logic, data, and patterns. Best yet, you know how to call on both the analytical and creative sides of your brain to help find that perfect balance that changes the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Detail-Driven Craftsman | You know how to create artifacts and deliverables that provide perspective, inspire innovation, and drive decisions and outcomes. You are most motivated when you’re able to dig into the details. You’re also able to uncover, synthesize, and explain the complex in a clear, simple, and actionable way.
- Collaborator | You thrive working at the center of small groups that include Content Strategists, Designers, Project Managers, Account Teams, and Technologists, serving as a catalyst that helps the team design, deliver and optimize multi-platform, extensible solutions for our clients.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a digital or integrated agency or consultancy.
- Have worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and Experience Strategy and Design principles as part of the core creative process.
- Proven track record creating Strategy artifacts for website builds, redesigns, site consolidations, platform builds and brand integrations, like customer journeys, archetypes, experience briefs, strategic POVs, and research plans.
- Experience working on multiple work streams with a familiarity and comfort working within an agile environment.
- Experience in executing research initiatives to gather additional content focused requirements.
- A diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates your approach to Content Strategy and how it was applied to influence the creation of user-centered product and service experiences.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.