Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Wunderman Thompson Technology
Department: New Business
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Technology applies technology to lay the foundations for this growth. We design, build, manage and run the complex technology ecosystems that give organisations the technical capabilities that fuel their growth. And we don’t just build the technology, we help them to work in new ways to get the most out of it, so they can focus on putting their customers at the heart of the experience. We provide an end-to-end service across three core capabilities; customer acquisition, customer experience and commerce.
Our business development uses a largely team-based approach, drawing on the respective strengths of each of our business areas - such as strategy and consulting, architecture and design, technology and delivery.
We’re looking for an experienced sales individual with a track record of taking packaged B2B technology services & products into a targeted market (channel, partner, and direct) within the MarTech environment.
Working with us you will:
- Take new service propositions to market to meet defined revenue targets from direct sales & partner channels
- Identify leads via direct sales, partner and internal channels
- Build lead nurture campaign plans and successfully track against it
- Refine initial target lists based on learnings and channel partners
- Foster and develop relationships with customers providing great understanding of what are their needs and how to respond to them effectively
- Run initial introductory meetings, understanding prospect / channel context
- Work with respective internal SMEs and Business Development resources to drive conversion
- Drive commercial discussions, both internally and with prospective customers to secure target margins
- Work with Product Owners to feed back into the product management to improve propositions,
- Report back to WTT Growth Management on status
- Create, grow and maintain a successful pipeline and deepen penetration across both WT and direct to market
- Work with marketing and wider sales team to align efforts to generate leads via tactical marketing campaigns direct to market
- Engage with partners and internal client teams to provide additional sales support
What we would like you to bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales in a digital / creative / marketing business
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets through success in pitching, selling and responding to RFPs in a consultative B2B sales process
- Good commercial acumen
- Experience of identifying market and services opportunities and building a realistic plan to unlock this revenue
- Ability to take unqualified leads and work with prospect customers to understand their requirements and demonstrate that various services and products meet their needs
- A collaborative and proactive mindset; an excellent team player able to work closely with technical sales and business development colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities under tight time constraints in an effective manner
- Industry experience across EITHER Consultancy, Digital, Change Management or Enterprise Software
- An interest in the digital world, particularly an appreciation of digital marketing and customer engagement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to absorb and integrate large amounts of information in short timescales
- Salary depending on experience and competences: 35-45 k GBP
- 25 days holiday
- WPP Group Discounts
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Pension Scheme (Zurich) – company salary contribution matched up to 4%
- Private Medical Cover (BUPA) – for you and your immediate family
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme (Evans)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.