Technology Consultant, EMEA
Technology Consultant, EMEA
Wunderman Thompson Data
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Acceleration, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is seeking a talented Technology Consultant to be based in our London office. In addition to relevant technology domain expertise, this individual must have the necessary writing skills to author complex specification documents, blueprints and proposals. The Technology Consultant is the lead for mostly custom engagements and will be responsible for engaging with the client on gathering their business requirements and designing a technical solution. The Technology Consultant instills confidence through maturity, expertise and impeccable communications (written and oral) with customers. This role requires a natural problem solver and someone who is inquisitive and enjoys creating innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies and big data.
What you’ll do:
- Find Solutions I Provide support by leading the design and development of solutions by gathering technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyse findings to provide appropriate google cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy | Take a technical lead role on client engagements – from scoping the new engagement, to creating the solution and solution design documentation |
- Stay on the cutting edge | Be knowledgeable in Google Cloud data engineering | Design, build and test data ingestion and ETL programs from a variety of source systems (both unstructured and structured) | Design, Build and optimise statistical models based on R and Python | Advise on DevOps/MLOps strategy and methodology
- Collaboration | | Work in a collaborative, agile environment | Be hands-on in developing prototypes and conducting Proof of Concepts
- Client | Participate in technical interactions with clients | Provide support by leading the design and development of solutions by gathering technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyse findings to provide appropriate google cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
Who you are:
- Team-Orientated | Work as part of a team, to design and develop cloud data solutions as well as other marketing technology solutions (Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar)
- Wired for the Future | Design a winning solution to enable client's business initiatives to be realized
- Ringleader | Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role-based access implementation, and network optimizations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer science, Computer technology, Information systems or similar)
- Certified Google Cloud Data Engineer or certified Google Cloud Architect preferred. If not GCP certified, you will need to be AWS or Azure certified
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- 3+ years Web Development experience (HTML, PGP/GPG, CSS, XML, Web Services, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data warehouse/data engineering with strong hands-on experience in ETL, including the following:
- 2 Years of software development experience as part of a development team
- 1 Year with Google Cloud Platform or similar platform – with hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud database technologies such as BigQuery/Azure Data Warehouse/Redshift, DataProc (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Hands on experience with data pipeline/orchestration technologies such as DataFlow (Apache Beam), Cloud Composer (Apache Airflo
- Statistical background, with knowledge of Machine Learning or other statistical techniques
- Experience with designing and building highly available and scalable applications in GCP
- Experience in visualization of reporting requirements in Google’s DataStudio
- Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as: HDInsight, Spark, Storm, Hive, Impala
- Experience in Machine Learning using Domino, DataBricks
- Experience in using R and Python to build and normalize models
- NoSQL environments such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies.
- Data modelling of relational and dimensional databases
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
- Data cleansing techniques
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Exposing data via secure restful endpoints (APIs)
- Experience in data cleansing and normalization
- Experience in enabling marketing strategies by working with a combination of GCP and GMP (GA360, DV360, SA360)
- Experience in Google’s AI Platform including productionisation of ML Models based on Tensorflow.
- Experience in Visualization: MS PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience in Snowflake, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Synapse Analytics
Acceleration is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.