Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Technology applies technology to lay the foundations for this growth. We design, build, manage and run the complex technology ecosystems that give organisations the technical capabilities that fuel their growth. And we don’t just build the technology, we help them to work in new ways to get the most out of it, so they can focus on putting their customers at the heart of the experience. We provide an end-to-end service across three core capabilities; customer acquisition, customer experience and commerce.
We are looking for an ambitious PR and Communications Manager to support our Director of Marketing and the team in creating, supporting and delivering the internal and external marketing strategy for the business.
The candidate will be a creative thinker who is driven, enthusiastic and a great team player, with immaculate communication and writing skills. We are looking for someone to manage our PR and content marketing, internal and external communications, events and campaigns, and be a guardian of the WTT brand.
Responsibilities include: :
- Building relationship with PR agency and managing campaigns and media relations
- Taking ownership of managing ‘always-on newsroom’ and being able to work confidently to turn opportunities round quickly
- Managing our thought-leaders and experts and planning output
- Helping with analyst relations
- Executing our comms, education and enablement strategy into the Wunderman Thompson and WPP networks
- Building a network of contacts and managing the alignment of content between OpCos including thought leadership and case studies
- Being the gatekeeper to WT.com for technology, mastering the CMS
- Managing and overseeing the development of a roadmap for WT.com/tech - to include improvements in search, SEO etc.
- Managing the generation of analytics reports from WT.com/tech
- Analysing and providing feedback on content performance
- Proofreading of internal and external comms
- Being the UK owner of our CSR programme
- Supporting all CSR initiatives & sensitively amplifying them as an employee branding mechanism
Brand guardianship/employer branding
- Maintaining correct branding on partner, recruitment, and industry websites, including descriptions, images, biographies, etc.
- Working on employer branding initiatives
- Content curation for client events and working with other OpCos on joint events
- Managing the content for events from agenda to speaker support materials
What we’re looking for
- A well-rounded team player with strong relationship and team building skills
- 5 years PR or journalism experience
- Impeccable writing and communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident interacting with people at all levels of the business
- A creative thinker
- Goal-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Internal comms experience
- Knowledge of specific technologies e.g. Content management system, social media dashboard, email platform (useful but not necessary)
- A tech background is preferable but not essential
- 25 days holiday
- WPP Group Discounts
- Life Assurance - four times annual salary
- Pension Scheme (Zurich) - company salary contribution matched up to 4%
- Private Medical Cover (BUPA) - for you and your immediate family
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme (Evans)
If you would like to work in a fast paced, dynamic, market-leading company in central London, please attach your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would be best suited to this role. We will consider only CVs with covering letter attached.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.