Senior Manager, Advance Analytics
Senior Manager, Advance Analytics
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Sr Manager/Director Analytics to join the Data Science and Analytics practice, In this role you will be reporting to the VP of Data Science, helping build and manage a high performance, responsive team of data scientists and analysts that are able to gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately and deliver impactful advanced analytics models and machine learning solutions to clients. In this role you will manage a small team.
What you'll do:
- Ability to make an immediate impact| Wunderman Thompson is eager to develop new technology and platforms. You’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
- Build the Future | You will be working on cutting edge projects!
- High visibility | We are a very flat organization that encourages an entrepreneurial culture.
- Fun | Growth is fun! Winning is fun!
Who you are:
- Problem Solver | Digs in and simplifies how to work around problems, asking "why not?" and "how can we make this better?"
- Self-Motivated | Self-starter. Able to stay motivated and active through workload ebbs and flows. Takes initiative and hungry to learn.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
What you’ll need:
- Experience leading small teams in the creation of advanced analytics solutions and experience to present to clients.
- Experience working with customer data and handling data securely
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Prior experience working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets both hands on and managing teams doing the work.
- Ability to guide teams on appropriate methodology and approach for data science and predictive analytics solutions to business problems.
- Ability to derive methods for reporting on analytic results that control for outside factors
- Experience proposing analytic solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Prior hands on experience working in SAS, R or Python .
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies including multivariate regression, Clustering, K-means Bayesian statistics, categorization methods, Nice to have (time series, survival analysis).
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences all the way to the C-Suite emphasizing translating data science outcomes into business implications.
- Master in Statistics, Analytics, Social Sciences, or Data Science
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with a combination of hands on work and management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.