Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
The Wunderman Thompson CX Team in the UK is a true mix of backgrounds, but all are united by an obsession with experiences. Our job is simple – we help brands create great experiences.
Therefore, our work spans the entire Service Design process from research to delivery. We develop solutions to take advantage of the design, business and innovation opportunities we identify and then work collaboratively across the Wunderman Thompson network to make them a reality.
We have proudly been named as Campaign’s Customer Engagement Agency of the Year for the last three years and have been highlighted as a world leading agency for CX Insight and Strategy by Forrester.
As a Service Designer, we would like to see you be comfortable working independently and, in certain circumstances, able to guide more junior members of the team.
You will be working across disciplines within the agency and presenting your work to clients. Ideally, we’d also like your support in iterating the WT CX Methodology.
To be successful in your role, we look to the following skills:
- Service Design Methodology – Familiarity with Service Design processes and techniques, aiming to iterate wherever possible
- Customer Research – Confident in conducting primary ethnographic research
- Storytelling – Tell customer stories coupled with specific and actionable recommendations to improve experiences
- Collaboration – Work openly across departments within the agency and within client organisations
- Quality Deliverables – Understand the effect of every deliverable and design for impact, be it presentations or products
- Attitude – Positively contribute to team culture
As part of the team, you can demonstrate your ability in these skills like so:
Service Design Methodology:
- Improve your methods and skills to more appropriately respond to briefs received by the team
- A solid understanding of the WT CX Toolbox. What tools should be used and when as well as the value they provide.
- Show your ability to take ownership of stages within a Service Design project
- An understanding of research, process, insight development and concept creation
- Ability to take the lead in conducting of specific primary ethnographic research tasks
- Develop tools required to conduct primary research, from recruitment briefs to creation of research assets used within activities such as interviews or workshops
- An eye for detail to help identify problems and improvements within a customer experience
- Able to structure group sessions aiming to synthesise insights
- Effectively present customer challenges to other team members and clients in a format that is most appropriate
- Confident, accurate and timely communication, within projects, the wider CX Team and within client’s organisations
- Trusted to work independently with support from senior team members
- A designer to the core, taking pride in every deliverable produced
- Familiar with design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision etc to help create and present deliverables
- Complete deliverables in a timely and efficient manner while able to respond to feedback
- A positive solution focussed attitude, supporting the desired studio culture within the team
- Ambition to continually push yourself to be better
- Demonstrate the Wunderman Thompson behaviours; In It Together, Listening, Positivity and Creative Bravery
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.