Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is our creative- and strategy-led commerce agency. We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Wunderman Thompson Commerce is designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. We combine tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking a transformative leader responsible for managing, developing, and growing the Account Management team. You must have proven experience in managing large portfolios of clients and developing teams to drive both client and agency success. You must foster and guide the success of the team in all aspects of existing and new business opportunities. For success in this role, the ability to bridge gaps between teams and work cross-functionally to drive solutions is critical.
An in-depth knowledge of the latest tools, technology, and shopper behavior with the ability to translate that knowledge into actionable business results and shopper solutions is required. We are looking for a candidate who can be the champion for our Account Management practice, develop strong client relationships, is passionate about building winning teams and likes to have fun along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Responsible for all aspects of the Account Management department’s success. Develop and own the department strategy and ensure seamless integration amongst the entire Wunderman Thompson family. Provide high-level internal oversight for execution of digital planning and campaign development, and provide point of escalation/resolution for client and project teams.
- Client | Develop, maintain and grow key client relationships at a senior level. Measure and ensure client satisfaction. Oversee development, management, and growth of our Account Management Network.
- Team | Manage, recruit, and support the Account Management Team across multiple office locations. Provide the right structure and staffing plans based upon project responsibilities and revenue generation. Build a positive and transformative culture within the agency and team. Instill a passion for creativity and groundbreaking ideas within the team.
- Strategic Insight | Lead strategic thinking for all projects, with heightened focus on omni-channel solutions and new business models. It is critical that solutions deliver on key client objectives and contribute in the delivery of business targets. Maintain an extensive base of industry, brand and competitive knowledge.
Who you are:
- Team Leader | Seasoned team leader capable of managing team day to day as well as driving their growth.
- A Builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Problem Solver | Digs in and simplifies how to work around problems, asking "why not?" and "how can we make this better?".
- Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 12+ years direct relevant marketing management experience, preferably in a digital agency.
- 10+ years working in account management in an advertising agency or similar marketing services agency.
- Strong and proven leadership, team building and management skills.
- Demonstrates a strong business mindset and ambition. Drive growth for client, retailer, and agency.
- Passionate about brand building and emerging technologies. Strong experience and understanding of Shopper Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong bias for action. Resourceful manager that can do more with less.
- Build strong client relationships managing expectations and deliverables.
- Strategic Planning & Development: ability to develop strategic go-to-market plans that deliver on client results. Understand and leverage insights that define the problem and drive the solution.
- Market Assessment: ability to understand the customer and competitive landscape, develop new solutions/models to existing problems.
- People management: ability to establish clear performance expectations, provide clear and balanced performance feedback, relate to others in an open and accepting manner, build effective internal/external relationship.
- Financial P&L Management: while not directly responsible for financial targets, provide key business inputs into monthly/annual forecasting meeting.
- Measurement: develop evaluation models/KPIs to measure program effectiveness, present performance to client with lessons learned and implications moving forward.
- Project Management: ability to plan projects, goal set, task plans, deliver projects on time and within budget, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and coordinate and supervise assigned people to optimize effective execution.
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Conviction and encourage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
- Sound business and professional ethics.
- Must have exceptional writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or related field preferred but not required.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.