New York Internship Program, Summer 2021
New York Internship Program, Summer 2021
Department: Early Careers & Internships
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking creatively minded, data-loving interns to join our team in our New York office. Our 10-week, paid internship starts in June 2021 and will provide the opportunity to obtain unique experience at an award-winning agency. Interns will be placed across a variety of disciplines including (but not limited to): copywriting, digital design, UX/UI, customer experience, and production.
Who you are:
- Passionate and curious | You are eager to learn about the advertising world and create work that exceeds expectations. Enthusiasm and strong listening skills are appreciated.
- Detail-oriented | Have an eye for detail and a creative kick. Proactive and eager to learn.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
DEADLINE: Applications close on April 16, 2021.
What you’ll need:
- Must complete both prompts below (200 word maximum each).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with Junior or Senior standing for fall 2021, or a spring 2021 graduate.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Portfolio or other strong sample of work.
- Applicant must be able to work 40 hours per week during regular business hours throughout the 10-week Internship Program.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about marketing and digital strategy, knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices.
- Conceptual thinking skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse team from various disciplines.
- Highly collaborative; team player.
- Self-starter; able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- This program will run from June to August of 2021.
For Design Interns:
- Strong digital design portfolio that demonstrates an eye for visual communications, brand identity, and contemporary trends.
- Thorough knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Design skills in the Microsoft Suite (especially PowerPoint).
- Experience with video editing, photography, and studio production a plus.
- Understanding of typography, in print and screen media.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of design and production.
- General understanding of social media platform constraints as they impact digital design.
For Copywriting Interns:
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience writing copy, long form, video editing, photography, and studio production a plus.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.