Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is part agency, part consultancy and part technology company, built to inspire growth for our clients. We provide end-to-end solutions at a global scale, bringing together over 20,000 creatives, data scientists, strategists, technologists and so many more expert minds, across 90 markets.
With a truly global reach, we work with some of the world’s most ambitious brands, partnering with them across communications, experiences and platforms to deliver world class, inspiring work that has impact! In the UK specifically, our client list includes brands such as; Shell, BT, HSBC, Microsoft, Selfridges, Nestle and Samsung. Our breakthrough creativity has always helped our clients’ businesses succeed and we’re proud to have been voted Campaign’s Customer Engagement Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
What you’ll be doing
- Legal responsibilities
- The CFO is board member and signatory for all above companies with exception of two.
- You will supervise and approve with anything related to legal obligations of the companies as regards:
- Boards, General Assemblies, Statutory Accounts, Tax issues, Auditing issues, Contracting, legal issues of all kinds
- Be the finance partner to the CEO's in order to ensure sustainable margins for the business. This will include from getting involved in client reviews and negotiations to managing effectively the cost base of the agencies.
- Maintain an open and transparent relationship with the regional finance teams at WT
- Participate, control and approve any contractual agreement either with clients, vendors or personnel.
- Follow up Media vendors agreements and supervise the collection and return to Clients of Media Rebates for all companies. Also participate to the major Media vendors negotiations
- Supervision and approval of internal reporting and Budgeting execution
- Responsible for SOX Follow up and procedures
- Personal involvement and responsible to respond to any WPP audits
- Responsible for all internal reporting additional to cartesis and EMEA requests
- Supervise and approve everyday operations for Invoicing, Treasury (payments, collections, banks), expenses, new vendors check, new clients check.
- Communicate and report any subject related to any operational question
- Cooperation with Lawyers for all legal issues
- Communicate with Headquarters and supervise all personnel issues as payroll, new hires, terminations, increases, personnel related reporting.
Who we’re looking for
- Our CFO needs to be Globally Excellent & Locally Relevant. Commercial & business minded, operating as a true partner to the business. You’ll work with an established and well operating wider finance team, helping to support them and developing them for the future.
- Someone that can understand the complexities of a large matrix business that is going through incredible periods of change and growth and able to have one eye on the bigger picture across the EMEA region, whilst also being into the detail at a local level.
- You'll have relevant experience within a leadership role, preferably with some working knowledge of the Digital / Technology / Commerce industries.
- You'll have direct experience of working within the Greek market and be fully advanced / business level in speaking / writing in Greek.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.