Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Experience Designer. As an Experience Designer you’ll focus on building strategies and design solutions starting from a clear understanding of markets, business and enabling technologies, as well as a profound, empathetic immersion into consumer mindsets, needs and latent expectations. You’ll work with teams and your leads to help define interactions that occur at any dimension and scale: from single products or service touch-points, to large, complex services and systems and marketing solutions.
You’ll partner with Designers, Copywriters, Content Strategists, Development partners and other specialists with a focus on digital, marketing and product design, interaction design, visual design, industrial design, design technology and product management. Together you foster an environment of strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving meaningful problems through experience building.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Understand and solve complex business and functional problems for digital users by designing world-class experiences. Create user experience journeys and user interfaces using a human-centric approach to design: conducting customer interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, primary and secondary market research and other requirements gathering activities. Work through the process of building and defining personas, customer user journeys, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes.
- Partner | Work with the creative leads to concept, design, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
- Innovate | Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration. Bring your expert opinion on best-practice digital UI patterns and trends, and effectively communicating design rationale throughout the project to your team. Collaborate on Design Thinking workshops with teams and target end users. Be a driver of the design process, collaborate on external and internal team decisions, track risks and issues, and guide more junior team members to successful results.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a UX Designer. Digital creative agency experience preferred.
- Expert conceptual thinking and creative execution in visual and interaction design.
- Strong project and people management skills. A proven track record of functioning as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Axure and other emerging design tools.
- Deep understanding of designing intuitive wireframes and interfaces for cross-platform devices.
- Contribute ideas and collaborate with all levels of the team to produce stunning work.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.