Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
As part of the Business Development / Growth Department, you role is key to driving and supporting Wunderman Thompson South Africa’s growth and marketing ambitions.
These two goals are inter-related, and while the building blocks for the agency’s vision for the future are in place, the task is an ongoing one that affords you the opportunity to help shape a well-positioned agency for the future.
The Business Development team is the “glue” that connects the various parts of our business together and requires having a bird’s eye view not only of the agency in South Africa, but also in the broader EMEA region, and globally.
Collaboration with global marketing and business development colleagues is a key part of the role, as is partnering with Wunderman Thompson South Africa discipline leads and resources to set the direction and approach of pitches, proposals and submissions.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Supporting the Chief Growth Officer and Management Teams on business growth that includes pitch work, RFPs and Tenders, and client credentials presentations
- Working as part of a team to maintain and develop external communications and marketing opportunities
- Working as part of a team to support internal staff communications as required
- Working as a right-hand to the Chief Growth Officer
- Managing support staff that may also be part of the Business Development team
- Ensuring project plans for pitch and tender submissions are put in place
- Collaborating with agency teams to ensure pitch team resources are committed to projects as required
- Ensuring project and/or timing plans for pitch and tender submissions are put in place
- Managing project plan milestones and deliverables
- Co-ordinating pitch team meetings as required
- Co-ordinating team rehearsals for presentations as required
- Submitting pitch/RFP/RFI/RFQ -related documentation and collateral on deadline
- Supporting Business Development tracking admin as required
- Serving as a central point of contact for pitch processes and RFPs
- Collaborating with all divisions and departments in the agency to gather information requested for pitches and RFP processes
- Maintaining the Business Development archive and related resource repositories
- Assisting in following up on leads for the agency
- Assisting in compiling, adapting and preparing credentials materials as required. These could include, for example:
- Agency credentials
- Service & Capability descriptions and responses
- Video / PPT case studies
- Work samples demonstrating various services and capabilities
- Assisting with team briefings for pitches and RFPs
- Collaborating with global teams on pitches and RFPs as required
- Attending global Business Development and marketing team meetings
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.