Sr. Digital Media Strategist
Sr. Digital Media Strategist
Department: Media Services
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Sr Digital Media Strategist who has experience planning, buying, and leading media activation activities for a large client within Programmatic, Connected TV and Paid Social channels. This role is responsible for critically thinking how in platform structures and setups can play a role in better meeting the objectives of our clients. This is a strategic role that draws insights from the market and target audience to successfully create media strategies that can deliver on client goals and oversee campaigns across digital DSPs and social channels in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, The Trade Desk, DV360, Roku, Hulu, Amazon CTV, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Client I Deep understanding of client industry, business offering and related products/services/brands; manage client expectations within our team and with client teams; develop trust and confidence with the client.
- Collaboration | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact; understand integration between Paid Media and other departments such as Analytics, SEO/Content, Strategy, Accounts, Tech, and Project Management.
- Planning I Create and own media plans with an Objective first approach; develop trafficking briefs from an existing media plan and strategy.
- Activation | Deep understanding of how to activate in specific media channel(s); define channel segmentation within platforms in order to achieve the objectives that are set out by the media plan; identify, understand and define scalability to ensure spend can increase effectively within a channel(s).
- Operations I Identify cross channel and in-platform optimization needs and implement changes to level set performance; identify efficiencies within client channels to be more effective with media operations; approve media invoices against media platform spends; monitor and manage digital platform spend and performance pacing; work closely with Campaign Manager and perform campaign check ins and ensure that all required campaigns are live/paused/ended; follow required operations department processes.
- Performance I Work with Associate Media Director to define KPIs and objectives for each brand, product, and service; work with analytics to ensure tagging is in place to track identified objectives, KPIs, and goals; lead Media Optimization meetings.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of paid media planning and buying with strong expertise in social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Experience interacting with all levels of clients on behalf of an agency.
- Strong grasp of tools and platforms, including: SA360, DV360, Google Ads, Bing Ads, The TradeDesk (and various DSPs), Facebook Business Manager, Google Merchant Center, various analytics suites, etc.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.