Art Director (REMOTE Option)
Art Director (REMOTE Option)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a conceptually-driven Art Director for our LA office. The Art Director will have a knack for delivering fresh thinking to your ideas and designs. You feel at home in a fast-paced agency setting. You know how to defend creative, but you also know when to pick your battles. If this describes you, we look forward to seeing how you can take our team to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Create and communicate concepts by applying brand level awareness as well as campaign tactics. Apply consistency and continuity of brand across a variety of deliverables in the design and layout of various client projects. Offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work. Design comps, graphic elements, and final deliverables.Secure approval for all work from the ACD or CD for specific assignments.
- Collaborate | Partner with Copywriter for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting, execution, referencing and annotating of final deliverables. Collaborate with Account Services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts/ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono, and in-house projects.
- Participate | Present creative in internal meetings. Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Designer | Create visuals for multichannel initiatives, presentations, and other projects.
- Partner | Work closely with Copywriter, Creative leadership, and other disciplines in crafting solutions for our clients.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in advertising or related field preferred.
- Portfolio with successfully launched client projects.
- Demonstrated design/concepting/layout ability and typographic skills.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant graphic design tools.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy, work independently under guidance from Creative Director and other senior team members, and ability to assess photography.
- Ability to direct and mentor junior team members.
- Must be able to establish a vision for photography to be used in creative concepts.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.