Senior Designer (Contract)
Senior Designer (Contract)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Designer. As a Senior Designer, you will collaborate with a collection of creative thinkers united by the simple passion for making things better. You should possess a strong voice and can expertly concept and collaborate on big campaign ideas and executions across all traditional and digital platforms. You are an advocate for the end user and bring forth influencing marketplace trends and behaviors. You geek out on the myriad ways in which tech and data can be used to push the boundaries of digital advertising, all while understanding that emotion is ultimately at the heart of all successful ideas. We value interdisciplinary collaboration and eschew silos, sharing a passion for finding great experiences, challenging existing ones, and crafting the future for brands.
This is a contract role based out of our LA office.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Conceptualize new solutions for a digital world. Work closely with an Art Director, Copywriter, User Experience Designer, Animator and other members of the team, the Interactive Designer designs for a variety of platforms from concept through completion.
- Build | Champion collaboration and team building.
- Lead & Innovate| Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas, digital tactics, and other marketing activations with a creative team while working on multiple projects.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovative leader with an ability and appetite to bring people together. You have an innate ability to marshal people (team and client) and create gravity around ideas.
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive. We’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration, especially working cross-discipline.
- An experimenter | Fearlessness in the face of the undefined and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of interactive design experience within a digital agency environment.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating interactive campaigns, CRM, experiential, video.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal disciplines.
- Proficient in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, and InDesign, Intermediate Actionscript skills.
- Must be a quick thinker, able to develop concepts and carry out solutions on a tight schedule.
- Demonstrate creative design solutions within constraints of the online environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Provide creative input in brainstorming sessions for a variety of projects.
- Stay current with latest web design trends and technology and implement as appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.