Director, Data & Analytics (REMOTE Option)
Director, Data & Analytics (REMOTE Option)
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Analytics Director to oversee, nurture and drive performance for one of our fastest growing clients. This is an exciting opportunity that leverages data and analytics to develop, track, measure and optimize marketing solutions for clients while leading several analytical projects, in order to help our clients, maximize their business growth through our integrated services offering.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Lead the agency’s account and analytics teams to ensure high caliber research, actionable insights, predictive metrics, analysis and recommendations. Standardize and scale best practices. Set the overall vision and methodology in developing and maintaining the agency’s skills sets specifically as they relate to customer insights, marketing analysis and KPI development.
- Culture | Develop innovative solutions for client work that can be built into standardized methods and external case studies. Socialize the specialty across the agency. Act as lead collaborator in working with teams within Wunderman and the larger WPP network to bring a full set of best fit team to client challenges.
- Analyze | Oversee data, analysis and reporting projects and provide each assigned account with in-depth target segment profiles, measurement plans and performance forecasts. Analyze large and complex data sets to solve business challenges. Develop and implement testing and optimization plans to evaluate current campaigns, including A/B and multivariate testing. Participate in new business pitches as required.
- Report | Develop persuasive presentations, POV documents with recommendations to clients. Develop strategic recommendations with discipline leads on assigned account(s). Deliver meaningful customer insights through preparing and producing analytics reports.
- Manage | Manage and mentor junior analytics team members. Oversee outside vendors and partners (such as database partners, list vendors, etc.) to ensure data integrity for outbound marketing efforts as well as analysis and reporting. Collaborate with all team disciplines on data strategy and tracking requirements to enable program execution and measurement needs across all channels.
Who you are:
- A builder | Leadership skills and Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong technical skill. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Confident Communicator | Communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors and staff members. Ability to exhibit a client service approach with results-driven performance.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an Analytics function used in the development of a customer centric marketing programs in an integrated environment. Automotive Industry experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the strategic use of data in marketing across all channels (e.g. digital, search, social media, DRTV, Print, direct mail, etc.).
- Experience building and leading marketing analytics teams in a high-touch consumer-oriented environment.
- Proven experience in generating and translating insights into strategic applications that positively impact client ROI and other major metrics.
- Supervisory /management experience of direct reports and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Technical competencies:
- Fluency with programming languages (Python and / or R preferred)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Fluency with cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, PowerBI or similar
- Experience in best practice machine-learning, neural networks, and NLP methods
- Solid understanding of web metrics tools such as Google Analytics and/or Adobe analytics tools
- Must be able to balance multiple projects and meet quick deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to mentor and communicate across departments in a team and matrix environment.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.