VW Content Strategist | NY
VW Content Strategist | NY
Location: Wunderman Thompson Data - NA,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a brilliant Copywriter to help fill out the ranks. A conceptual thinker who can write manifestos, long form, and headlines. You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively – owning a project with some oversight, but no hand-holding. Client and presentation skills expected.
We’re looking for someone who can do the job, and then surprise us with something we’d never thought of. A one-two punch of confidence and inspiration. Someone who possesses a talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative, and has a passion for storytelling. We are looking for a creative who enjoys selling their ideas as much as they love crafting them.
This is a remote, contract opportunity to work on an account based out of our New York office.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments. You’ll analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and digital tactics with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Mange and prioritize projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Work | Craft original concepts, execute copy based on established voice/tone, and collaborate with mid- and junior-level writers on copy execution.
- Grow | At Wunderman Thompson, learning new skills is something we take seriously, because when you grow, so do we. You’ll help drive your craft development, be inspired and inspire.
- People | Partner with the Creative leads to concept, write, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
Who you are:
- A builder | Process-oriented innovator with an ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people (team and client) and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially working cross-discipline.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Provide a balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 2 years of copywriting and conceptual experience within a creative or digital agency, or equivalent.
- Experience working with an automotive client is preferred.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing digital platform and .com experience and strong conceptual thinking.
- Solid understanding of creative development—from drafting briefs to executing deliverables.
- Well-versed in scriptwriting and in crafting both short and long-form content.
- Understanding of and ability to work within CMS platforms.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.