Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online retailers and marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager (Sr. TPM).The Sr. TPM, Analytics informs and supports our clients’ eCommerce growth initiatives as a trusted domain master of several mid-large analytics projects to launch online dashboards delivered to and used by our clients. We work directly with some of the world’s most prominent brands and manufacturers to deliver data analytics and insights across several integrated dashboards and reports focused on eCommerce marketing and media, content and design, and supply chain operations.
This role will support and manage incoming analytics project requests including scope and delivery as we continuously innovate around new analytics opportunities and to optimize our data pipeline architecture and data flow. The ideal candidate has several years of experience driving projects that are both technical and analytical with multiple internal/external stakeholders, and is proficient in basic analytics tools, especially Excel, SQL, and Power BI which we use heavily.
The ideal candidate must also be comfortable supporting the BI team to build and deliver both predefined and ad hoc analyses when necessary to keep our projects and reporting timelines on track, and to be close to the technology and solutions available. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, clients, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and helping design our BI data systems and deliverables to scale for continued growth.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Support the BI Analytics team including Data Engineers and Analysts to solicit and translate business and data requirements into actionable updates and project deliverables
- Plan | Drive strategic planning, scope, delivery, and ongoing operational support of integrated dashboards and reporting served to external clients. Manage evolving and complex analytics requests, including multiple projects with dependencies on various raw data and flat files available in eCommerce portals and archived in MySQL servers
- Gatekeeper | Apply both business and technical acumen with data analytics in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment to act as a gatekeeper for new projects with transparent tracking tools. Draw upon feedback from clients and account teams as well as operational data available to drive new projects and new enhancements in the BI Analytics team.
- Process | Identify and implement internal process improvements that automate manual reporting, optimize data delivery, and design our BI systems for scalability. Partner with IT support teams and developers on API code updates, SQL server maintenance, and cloud server migrations.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance. Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, competitive landscapes, and trends and apply insights to enable clients to compete efficiently.
- Motivated l Has a sense of urgency and is an adaptive self-starter with the ability to work across different initiatives. Has a high bar for quality, takes ownership and drives accountability across the organization.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient l Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Detail Oriented l Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Excellent Communicator l Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to intake simple and complex problems, listen, find the appropriate solutions, and teach to internal and external teams why your solutions will work and why they continue to work (or need adapting) once implemented.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 4 years managing mid-large technical and data-driven analysis projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years using PM tracking tools including JIRA, MS Project, SmartSheets, Sharepoint, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of technical data analytics project/program management experience.
- Minimum 3 years managing or updating tools and dashboards including Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Adobe Analytics.
- Minimum 3 years advanced Excel proficiency with plug-ins, macros, Power Query, and Power Pivot.
- Proficiency and familiarity in at least one BI coding or query language used in our environment including SQL, Python, Java, or R/RStudio.
- Able to work with both structured and unstructured datasets including troubleshooting legacy datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.