Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Research Manager (Senior Insight Executive) to join a fast-growing Insight & Effectiveness team at Wunderman. From a data point of view, the role requires someone comfortable handling data sets, ranging from social listening and web analytics through to quantitative research and customer data. This role will be across a range of Wunderman clients and you must be confident at crafting and delivering a variety of methodologies using several different tools in your responses to briefs.
You need to be a self-starter, a great communicator and full of enthusiasm and keen to get involved in different tasks day-to-day. You need to have experience managing projects from start to finish and delivering high quality work within tight timelines.
In this role you will work closely with our customer experience, user experience, data strategy, creative departments and new business team to provide them with actionable insights they can build into their day to day work with clients whether that's a large client rebrand, a new digital campaign or a website redesign. Delivering data & insight projects centered on audience analysis, landscape & competitive analysis, creative strategy and measurement.
- Delivering quantitative research projects end to end using our in house tools. From proposals, through questionnaire design, scripting, sampling, analysis, visualization and presentation.
- Rolling out our concept testing methodology and helping create more quantitative and qualitative research products.
- Using third party data sources to uncover insights and strategic recommendations for clients.
- Working with our social lead to deliver social listening projects around topics, trends, audiences and brands.
- Writing proposals and scoping projects in collaboration with client and project management teams and other specialisms.
- Presenting work to clients, with a focus on data visualization, data storytelling and driving high impact recommendations.
- Working in close collaboration with data scientists, strategists, creatives, technologists and customer experience experts to deliver world-class data-led solutions.
Who you are:
- Research or data experience preferably within the media or advertising industry
- A detailed understanding of insight generation and measurement methodologies
- A collaborative, confident team worker with experience managing insight projects from start to finish
- Demonstrable experience creating and delivering bespoke research solutions
- An avid learner who loves to explore new data sources in pursuit of insight and data stories
- A strong presenter, with the ability to tell stories using different data sets
- Data visualisation skills and the ability to bring complex data to life in clear visual stories.
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Expertise using audience intelligence tools (e.g. Global Web Index, TGI, YouGov)
- Confidence in scripting surveys (e.g. Cmix, Qualtrics, Askia)
- Excellent data analysis skills (e.g. Cmix, SPSS, Q, Excel)
- Understanding of social analytics tools (e.g. Netbase, Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Sysomos)
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.