Location: Richardson, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Data (WTD) is seeking an Applications Programmer. You will be responsible for the loading, summarization, quality control, analysis, and reporting of all data being ingested into marketing databases.
The primary functions are to be a data and technical expert supporting the client input stream beginning with reviewing the client’s raw data, new client setup, loading and transforming data files, and prepping data to be included in our AmeriLINK database. Internally, this position works with several departments fulfilling the technical tasks of data transformations. Supporting production delivery team with all development efforts.
This position is also responsible for the report validation, metrics reporting, testing, and quality assurance (QA) of data for all production databases.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate| Handle multiple channels of communication across departments and prioritize key tasks. Take on special projects that may require coding and maintenance. Work with Production and Engineering teams to document and execute test plans for production releases.
- Process| Develop and execute data conversion programs, using regular expressions and programs for flat file transformation, development and maintenance, ad hoc data extract, variable edit, and report generation, in a PC/Server environment. Ensure all processes are documented. Develop an understanding of data processing issues related to WTD’s evolving business strategy and provide possible solutions.
- Quality| Develop, execute, and adhere to Quality Assurance (QA) processes and procedures. High level of organization and attention to detail. Take responsibility for data integrity; deliver on programming requirements and meet required deadlines. Continuously enhance program efficiency, reducing production time and resource requirements.
Who you are:
- Problem Solver | Digs in and simplifies how to work around problems, asking "why not?" and "how can we make this better?".
- Self-Motivated | Able to stay motivated and active through workload ebbs and flows. Takes initiative and hungry to learn.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Linux/Unix and SQL in Oracle environment.
- Experience working with GCP products.
- Prior experience with querying and exploring data stored in Snowflake.
- Familiar with or exposure to Python.
- Shell and Perl scripting is a plus.
- Regular expressions.
- PL/SQL experience preferred.
- USPS NCOA / CASS knowledge.
- First Logic software experience. (First Prep & Data Quality Management).
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and proven performance in direct marketing and support of direct channel sales, along with use of targeting tools in implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Extreme attention to detail and data quality.
- Ability to work in fast paced and highly dynamic work environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help or direction when necessary.
- Manage multiple tasks and high-volume workload.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.