Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Product Designer with a user-centered focus to be responsible for creating world-class experience design for a national government account. You are a highly proficient product designer who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts into simple, thoughtful product solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences.
Wunderman Thompson’s Product Design team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, partnering with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on humans and for our clients’ businesses. It’s our responsibility to drive user-centered design processes and help determine the various tools to solve the challenge. We are responsible for presenting solutions to the to ensure best-in-class, human-centric experiences that make a meaningful difference in the world for our most ambitious brands.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the ask through a broader lens, ensuring that the vision remains intact on every aspect of a project. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Experience Design | You’ll work through the entire UX design process from strategy to implementation, producing and helping guide the creation of detailed client-facing experience deliverables and specifications. Your focus will be on the concept, system and story with minor supervision. Informed by data and research, optimized via testing, you’re able to create inspiring experiences and perform a range of design tasks and create artifacts such as: User flows, wireframes, functional prototypes, and work with others to help support the completion and creation of tasks and deliverables such as user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, design systems, and usability testing.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Product Strategists, Content Strategists, Service Designers, Project Managers, and Technologists. You’ll be defining the experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions. You’ll be expected to deliver to, and facilitate, experience workshops with cross-functional team members, as well as client partners.
- Partner | You will be a trusted client partner, providing sound design and strategic advice. Identify growth opportunities on a project or account. Drive pitches and business development. Assist with recruitment efforts including screening portfolios and interviewing.
Who you are:
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful, elegant problem solver that crafts inspiring and useable solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the human, technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for how the user, business, data, and disparate parts of a system work together to improve the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just solving problems, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and collaborators. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years specializing in product design across multiple platforms.
- Mobile app development, with an understanding of iOS and Android limitations.
- Ideally worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Knowledge of design applications such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software for generating design.
- Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures and usability principles.
- Ability to look across projects holistically with the ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors, and business goals, and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards as well as ADA compliance.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with client.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.