Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
WT is looking to a strong Technical Director to join our UK business. I this role you’ll provide technical direction to all WT-UK accounts, this involves having initial conversations with both clients and/or the client services teams to identify technology, process, or operational consideration to assist with client challenges and opportunities.
You’ll identify opportunities within all client accounts for WT-UK, and bring to bare dedicated WTT agencies such that specific domain and technology expertise can be brought into engagements. To provide a bridge with clients and open up conversations in and around our capabilities in data, analytics, commerce, and production where this is not the primary client engagement.
We are a small team who are rapidly extending and improving our scope so your contributions will support this growth. A great opportunity to lead/ develop the technology strategy for a range of large household organisations.
- Provide feasibility and ‘level of effort’/order of magnitude guidance to client service and client teams on rough budget and sizing for smaller opportunities e.g campaign and microsite engagements.
- Be conversant with data platform, analytics and cloud data storage/processing e.g experience with DMP, CDP, data lakes.
- To organise and contribute to the technical aspects of RFP’s and pitch submissions. Working with the new business teams to corral input from all relevant parties.
- To work with the dedicated technology delivery centres for WT-UK (WT Hungary & WT Poland ) in their role in delivering projects for the WT-UK organisation.
- Line management of UK Technology Department. Mentoring and personnel development of team, reviews, objectives etc
- Work with WT global technology centres to resource projects where this is not possible within the EMEA region
- Be the point of escalation for all technology engagements in WT-UK
Who you are:
- To have a strong understanding of a broad set of technologies, from emerging experiences like AR/VR, Chatbot, VoiceUI, and wider DX platforms, to transactional, data and production technologies around eCommerce, Content & DAM.
- Experience leading development projects
- Strong problem solving ability and able to articulate solutions clearly
- Contribute to company coding standards and best practice
- Identify risks and mitigate them
- Good communication and relationship building experience.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.