Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Program Director with the breadth and depth of expertise to lead large multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions. You’ll provide a strong sense of tactical leadership and serve as an agency and client partner to ensure deliverables across multiple lines of business. We are seeking an innovator who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get into the details to build processes that drive business.
The Program Director is responsible for client satisfaction, quality of work, delivery experience, internal team satisfaction, and project profitability. You’ll have managerial responsibility of direct reports for growth within Wunderman Thompson, including onboarding, growth plans, goals, & reviews, as well as oversight of the quality of their individual project deliverables across multiple accounts. You will scope and create business cases for new hires and participate in recruiting and hiring decisions.
Program Directors must have the dual ability to maintain the broad vision required for executing a project, including strategic operational thinking & leadership from beginning to end, as well as the ability for overseeing and executing on all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction and program/project delivery. Program Directors build project teams and customize processes to ensure maximum performance. Program Directors create momentum and progress efficiently out of ambiguity by collaborating with the team and building consensus.
What you’ll do:
- Execution | Primary focus is on delivery, execution, and client satisfaction of signed work. Secondary focus is on sales, revenue, and strategy. Expectation is for the Program Director to be in the work from an operational management perspective and be consistently 75% billable.
- Leadership |Team leadership and management. Lead PM team and project teams to deliver target key performance indicators (revenue, margin, utilization, client satisfaction, internal team satisfaction, quality). Lead relevant client presentations with appropriate team members and directors.
- Team | Management and training of direct report Project Managers. Ensuring contact strategies are implemented across client and internal teams. In collaboration with other department leads, define appropriate client team structures, project approaches and resource needs with discipline leads. Interfaces with Account and Discipline leads to resolve project-related issues; escalates larger project issues and risk as needed for resolution.
- Collaborate |Partner with Senior Vice President of Account (SVP), Vice President of Account (VP) or Account Director (AD) to ensure Account/Program profitability via strategic rates, staffing plan, tracking and approving project expenses, ensuring billing and invoices, ensuring project change notices and internal write-offs are communicated and justified, and working with PMs to ensure all project must haves are delivered.
- Plan | Independent management of complex projects/accounts. Participate in new business efforts. Plan and oversee the project management of multiple accounts ensuring that the projects are set up for success and that all deliverables have been completed and schedule and within specification and budget parameters. Resource allocation and load-leveling of direct-report Program Managers.
- Process | Ensures consistency and efficiencies across multiple client projects, as well as opportunities for delivery process improvements. Authors or oversees the creation of project schedule, project brief, Statements of Work, change control procedures and cost estimates, with input from team members, as needed. Reports project status to management, project team and client on a regular basis.
Who you are:
- Hospitable | Brings a warm, kind spirit to the day and values building relationships with people – both internal and external.
- Strong Communicator | You must be able to provide transparency and communicate clearly to your team while also to our clients.
- Process Oriented | Can understand (or challenge) defined processes and institute steps to manage work across the process.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in program leadership or Digital Marketing Industry.
- A minimum of 6 years' of digital agency experience in a client-facing role.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including exposure to clients and ability to lead project teams.
- Experience in managing procurement relationships.
- Extensive project management methodology experience ranging from waterfall to Agile.
- Demonstrates proven organizational and project management skills and must be detail oriented.
- Excellent presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Specific experience with Global 100 clients in marketing communications, branding or business analysis.
- Experience managing large-scale integrated programs with multiple parallel work streams and teams.
- Strong understanding of end to end process for delivery in digital marketing channels.
- Experience working with diverse teams (CX, Tech, Strategy, Analytics, Creative, Account) across remote offices.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.