Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Strategy Director who is comfortable discussing Brands and understands the fundamentals of comms work, but truly revels in Product Strategy and Digital Transformation work. Someone who loves a North Star even more than a Brand Positioning document and is more excited by the opportunities that eCommerce brings than the Superbowl ads this year.
As Strategy Director, you will help key clients set their strategic thinking, open up opportunities to create new experiences for their customers and be the strategic lead in Discovery, Definition and Build stages, working alongside client services, UX, and technology teams. You should be comfortable running workshops, uncovering customer insight, delving into cultural influences, understanding how expectations are set by other brands and connecting all this with the business needs of the category & corporation.
The initial accounts will include automotive, luxury and property. You will undoubtedly get involved in sectors beyond these, so we’re less concerned with experience in these categories and more interested in how you approach strategic projects and how you’ve helped brands to create new experiences and achieve real digital transformation.
- Lead key clients and develop strong strategic direction and recommendations
- Present strategic vision that is unexpected and provides transformation opportunities, while answering our clients’ business goals and driving their growth
- Work at a strategic level with client management and senior stakeholders to help clients optimise value and manage the change associated with digital solutions through trusted relationships that you will develop
- Be someone with a consultative mindset, who is creatively driven and committed to translating strategies into reality
- Recommend solutions to improve the integration of digital solutions, business capability and business value delivery to achieve client goals and objectives
- Partner with internal and external teams to make the best work possible
- Uncover, analyse and articulate fresh, inspiring insights
- Input on costing and scoping strategy input for proposals
- Understand key consumer behaviours, client business needs/goals, culture, digital technology, and emerging trends
- Compile and conduct research for client teams, including competitive data, emerging opportunities, ethnography studies, and consumer insights
- Write clear, compelling internal briefs and inspire UX/design team
- Stay abreast of developments and thinking in the wider platform strategy, engagement and adoption of technology, and use this information to develop Wunderman Thompson’s Digital Strategy business position
Who you are:
- Senior level experience in strategy
- Ample experience designing and engineering technology solutions in eCommerce, mobile, websites, in-store, etc.
- Experience with designing, developing and integrating digital solutions
- Consulting, business transformation or client advisory experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Great presentation skills – the ability to sell as well as to tell a clear story
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple and changing priorities
- Strong stakeholder awareness and management skills
- Solution-oriented both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.