Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Experience Strategist (Content) for an ongoing contract position serving an established leader in the tech industry. This is a unique opportunity to help this leader shape a new B2B business and brand. We are looking for a Content Strategist who can translate business objectives, customer needs, and existing content assets into frameworks for organizing, managing, and activating content across a large organization. For this role we’re looking for someone who is well versed in developing content strategy for scalable websites, while addressing the needs of content managers and facilitating an effective end-user experience.
Wunderman Thompson’s Product Design team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, partnering with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on humans and for our clients’ businesses. It’s our responsibility to drive user-centered design processes and help determine the various tools to solve the challenge. We are responsible for presenting solutions to the to ensure best-in-class, human-centric experiences that make a meaningful difference in the world for our most ambitious brands.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the ask through a broader lens, ensuring that the vision remains intact on every aspect of a project. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
This is a contract opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Guide content strategy efforts for a multi-phased website redesign and content migration partnering closely with a cross-functional team to ensure adherence to digital best practices.
- Coordinate | Conduct inventory and audit of brand content across several disparate website experiences for migration and consolidation to a single platform.
- Develop | Create content taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and sitemaps to support content organization, tagging, and migration.
- Communicate | Provide strategic rationale for new content opportunities, workflows, and editorial standards.
- Organize | Devise creative solutions to editorial challenges. Support measurement and optimization plans.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Resilient | You’re not afraid to dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You take care of self and team and maintain balance of stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | You’re ready to wear the hats that need wearing—it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in digital marketing or experience design strategy.
- A proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- B2B and technology experience is preferred.
- Previous experience supporting a website redesign or content migration plan on a CMS.
- Ideally worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Experience creating information architecture models that can be used across websites.
- Understanding of user experience design principles in order to ensure accessible and usable content.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of user behavior data.
- Ability to internalize and implement a strong brand voice, and prioritize multiple concurrent deadlines.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.