Agile Project Manager
Agile Project Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Our growing company is currently seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager. In this role, the Agile Project Manager will be responsible for the planning of development projects and managing our cross-functional and distributed Scrum development team.
You are accountable for project and sprint reporting, including accurate burndown charts and team velocity. You are comfortable working with high-level stakeholders and managing different interests, while balancing the clients’ and our business objectives.
You may also act as a consultant and coach where needed to ensure our engineering (and client) teams understand and follow our standard development process, which includes Inception Meetings, Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, conducting Sprint Retrospectives, and facilitating effort and story point estimations.
- Project setup and reporting in relative tools (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Proven people skills to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Managing resource schedules and availability
- Managing project scope
- Measure project performance
- Manage and report on project progress to management and client, able to present reports to senior stakeholders
- Manage customer expectations in terms of deliverables, timescales, deadlines and costs within constraints of limited resources and uncertainty in effort estimation
- Plan new requirements for projects as well as planning for change requests and ongoing support requirements
- Responsible for all project related administration
- Developing a detailed project plan
- Facilitate Scrums, Planning sessions and Retrospectives
- Follow process and project governance guidelines
- Ensure that the team is productive, assist in removing impediments from team, shield team from external interferences, and resolve team conflict.
- Ensure that all client requirements are understood by the development team.
- Design and document processes relating to the systems being developed.
- Delivers exceptional projects that exceed customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Drive and motivate your team to deliver high-quality projects within sprints.
- Identify and address software quality issues as soon as they arise
- Perform and execute ad hoc administrative requirements
- Proactively contribute ideas for new features and easily identify areas for improvement
- Manage project costs according to the allocated budget and raise change requests to get approval for increased scope and costs.
- Make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Facilitate collaboration to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement.
- Assist the product owner with backlog grooming.
- Actively contribute to the company’s agile culture.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Be a subject matter expert in work item tracking and project tracking software
- Act as Scrum Master for two to four scrum teams, focused on helping the teams perform at their highest levels.
- Liaise between the development teams and product management. Foster better communication between the disciplines
- Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
- Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Adapt to learning skills not listed in this document to deliver a project.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes, especially Agile software development
- In depth knowledge of iterative development and continuous delivery
- Experience working with and managing distributed teams, working in multiple time zones will be advantageous
- Experience delivering complex development projects, especially managing external dependencies
- Experience working in Scrum
- Solid experience in Jira and Confluence
- Managing and communicating directly with multiple, high-level stakeholders
- Strong administration, attention to detail, ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Certified Scrum Master, or 4 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master
- 4+ years’ experience as an IT professional
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.