Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
As Associate Director, New Business, you will be a central part of the team driving pitches, supporting business development initiatives and delivering growth, supporting the new business process from end to end. Shortlisted for Campaign and the BD100’s New Business teams of the year, you will be joining a high performance, progressive and fun team.
The attitude and approach of the Associate Director, New Business is, in many ways, as important as the experience and skills they possess – as the deportment is the heartbeat of our agency. You will need to be a self-starter and be prepared to interface with all departments in the agency to gather the support required as well as be the intersection of all marketing and new business activities to ensure our approach is consistent and joined-up to ensure we meet our ambitious business objectives.
Therefore, the right candidate will need to possess bags of energy and drive and demonstrate a passion for developing the agency and new business. Outstanding organisational skills are an absolute essential – as are forward planning and attention to detail. The ability to manage complex workloads and absolute adherence to deadlines are key. Success in this role will be determined by achieving individual KPIs which align to department targets related to revenue, profitability, brand perception and awareness, as well as senior stakeholder satisfaction. This is an opportunity to help continue to shape the UK’s leading growth agency.
- Work with client leads to drive pitches and support the execution of the business development strategy
- Work closely in partnership with key groups within the agency: the account leads across the UK, the appropriate individuals from each of the sister agencies, and the UK board.
- Bringing a fresh and strategic approach to how we best answer pitch briefs, looking for new ways to solve client problems through our wider capabilities.
- Communicate the value proposition to prospective clients in a manner appropriate for the target audience of C-Suite executives.
- Transfer knowledge; share and socialise best practice exemplary work, ideas and solutions with the wider UK Group.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Develop contracts and scopes of work in collaboration with internal teams to help set pricing, client goals, and objectives.
- Project manage new client onboarding together with a client lead and delivery teams.
Who you are:
- Senior level new business and pitch experience – developing compelling proposals that articulate a clear point of difference and win new clients
- Powers of persuasion, charisma: able to act as a relationship builder
- Tactful and flexible in dealing with different cultures (geographical and corporate)
- Keen to contribute to a fun and progressive environment for the team to work in
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing challenges
- Seeks continuously to improve the work of the team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage senior internal stakeholders and external partners
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.