Associate Director, Product Design (contract)
Associate Director, Product Design (contract)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson New York is seeking an Associate Director, Product Design with our Experience Design team. Our team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, working with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on users and for our clients’ businesses.
It’s our responsibility to drive user-centered design processes and help determine the various design deliverables to solve the challenge. We are responsible for presenting solutions to the to ensure best-in-class, human-centric experiences that make a meaningful difference in the world for our most ambitious brands.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to establish the vision for the project from inception. You must be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, to continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and Inspire | Be the main point of contact for large scale, multi-stream account. Create, cast, and lead teams to create strategies and designs across projects and accounts. Manage and mentor direct reports, supporting and challenging them for growth and development. Drive recruitment efforts including screening portfolios and interviewing.
- Define | Set forth timing and process to execute on deliverables across multiple disciplines, working in alignment with various teams. Identify growth opportunities on projects and accounts. Drive and contribute to pitches and business development.
- Grow | Be a trusted partner, providing sound design, business, and strategic advice. Own and deliver initiatives for growing the experience design practice and the client relationship.
- Listen | Actively seek out the needs of the client, humans, and partners. Be proactive in solutions, helping to establish and improve ways-of-working. Provide the necessary tools and environment for the team to succeed and grow.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
Who you are:
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful, elegant problem solver who crafts inspiring visual solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for data, patterns and how disparate parts of a system work together. You’re relentless about improving the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just answering a client’s problems, and innately curious about human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and more junior members of the design team. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Design role.
- Ability to look across projects holistically with the ability to understand project, account, skillset or team needs.
- Own and deliver initiatives for growing the XD practice.
- Knowledge of design applications such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software for generating design.
- Proven track record for leading interdisciplinary teams across multiple medium-to-large scale accounts.
- Proven skills in managing and mentoring multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.