Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a technical Project Manager within our product management team for one of the Atlanta office's largest clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic critical thinker and problem solver that thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. Our client is going through a largescale enterprise transformation, so a strong initial understanding of the current enterprise state will be key for the program's long term success.
The Project Manager will acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of our product and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. You will ensure that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed. You will understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget, and against agreed objectives. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager over product must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Understand the strategy and ideas for a project to facilitate the organization of those concepts into a clear framework throughout the project life cycle. Develop clear and detailed project timelines, dependencies, milestones and tasks for concurrent projects. Ensure requirements are synchronized within capabilities for given resources and roles are defined for each stakeholder. Translate and communicate data into actionable items.
- Manage | Monitor the day-to-day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment. Consistently demonstrate active problem resolution to ensure smooth project process and resolve schedule conflicts. Lead effective client calls and internal meetings complete with agendas and documented next steps/key decisions. Ensure change orders are completed for unapproved work. Manage all project financials from initial scoping to project burn, working closely with financial leads to ensure we remain on target. Uphold quality control standards and process both for project management and for those set within the agency.
- Partner | Collaborate with discipline leads in the development of scope of work based on functional and business requirements. Actively engage the account team regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency. Communicate status of project to the team and client on a regular basis. Ensure alignment for internal and external stakeholders. Provide leadership to the account team in a matrix environment including conflict resolution and problem solving. Partner well with the Finance department to ensure strong understanding of budget and client revenue.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Comfortable communicating and partnering with discipline leads, tailoring communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
- Builder | Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems. Drives projects and resource management from ambiguity to clarity. Understands digital technologies and trends.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Excellent problem-solving skills. Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills. Conducts team and client meetings with clear, concise language and leadership acumen. A skilled, creative, confident presenter and negotiator. Experience partnering with finance leads in corresponding departments.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience managing digital projects in a professional environment - agency or consulting environment preferred.
- Previous work with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, MS Teams as well as adapt to new PM tools as they are adopted by the agency.
- Advocate for process including supporting process improvement.
- Experience adapting project management methodologies to the needs of the project with the ability to apply Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban).
- Experience with managing project initiatives through the full project lifecycle including brand planning, strategy, creative, experience design, analytics/data, technology, and quality assurance.
- Ability to manage a project team of 10+.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Capacity to understand dynamics of multi-discipline teams and resolve team-related issues that could impact deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while delivery quality results.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for client meetings, trade shows and/or conferences.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.