Senior Digital Media Planner
Senior Digital Media Planner
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce, & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman Thompson brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialize in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking a Senior Media Planner with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. You must be able to think strategically about your client's business, always thinking through how your decisions integrate with broader marketing strategy. You will integrate into an incredibly smart group of people and will take an active part in building and innovating on our eCommerce media practice. Senior Media planners are a critical front line interface with our clients and must be adept at translating your client's strategic media goals into actionable campaigns and media recommendations.
We are open to remote locations
What you’ll do:
- Develop | Develop and present strategic, multi-channel media plans that meet client objectives.
- Manage | Manage the day-to-day planning and implementation activities for an account or group of accounts.
- Analytics | Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions. Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development.
- Recommendations | Take ownership over spec sheets, IO process, and billing reconciliations with assigned client(s). Present media plans, reporting and thought leadership to clients. Aid in development and presentation of media POV's.
- Trends | Remain well-informed of the overall media marketplace inclusive of new opportunities and best practices
- Budgets | Maintain accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and proactively, consistently update client contact(s) through periodic analyses and projection reports. Prepare media authorizations per approved plans/project requests. Maintain aspects of client billing and budgeting process.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of media planning and buying. Digital experience required.
- Amazon DSP experience, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Must have a knack for telling a story with data.
- Experience planning, buying and executing dynamic digital media plans.
- Experience with third party ad serving technology.
- Ability to analyze data and market research.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.