Senior Designer (Contract)
Senior Designer (Contract)
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Designer to help grow a global client in the US market. As a Senior Designer, you will collaborate with a collection of creative thinkers united by the simple passion for making things better. You should possess a strong voice and the ability to recognize how social media can be leveraged to enhance and drive big campaign ideas across all social and digital platforms. You geek out on the myriad ways in which tech and data can be used to push the boundaries of digital & social advertising, all while understanding that emotion is ultimately at the heart of all successful ideas. We value interdisciplinary collaboration and eschew silos, sharing a passion for finding great experiences, challenging existing ones, and crafting the future for brands.
An avid consumer of popular culture with a developed eye for excellence in social media, the Senior Designer will eagerly take ownership of multiple interdisciplinary projects and thrive in white space. This role requires independence and leadership – confidence in one’s creative sensibilities is key.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
This is a contract opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Conceptualize new solutions for a digital world. Working closely with an Art Director, Copywriter, User Experience Designer, Animator and other members of the team, the Designer designs for a variety of platforms from concept through completion.
- Collaborate | Partner with the creative leads to concept, design, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables. We’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration, especially working cross-discipline.
- Lead & Innovate | Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas, social tactics, and other marketing activations with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Bring proactive ideas to the table.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity. Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience within a social or digital agency environment, or equivalent.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing some social platform experience and deep understanding of the social/digital space.
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects. Some Premiere, QuickTime Pro, Final Cut, and/or AVID skills is preferred.
- Familiarity with influencer-generated content, maker culture, home design, lifestyle, and how-to content is preferred.
- Technology experience is preferred. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Experience creating content and executing campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- A strong sense of the nuances of all social platforms and a finger on the pulse of current and future trends.
- Must be a quick thinker, able to develop concepts and carry out creative design solutions on a tight schedule.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Provide creative input in brainstorming sessions for a variety of projects.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the clients’ initial ask.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.