Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Wunderman Thompson Data
Department: New Business
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson Data, we help brands to grow faster by using data to be more personally inspiring to their customers. We are experts in marketing transformation, marketing science, and marketing automation and personalization.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Business Development Manager. Based remotely in the US and reporting to the Vice President of Technology Enablement (based in New York), you will be a key contributor to the overall growth of our Technical Services business in North America. You will work with our technology partners, WPP Media Agencies and within the group of Wunderman Thompson (and sometimes broader WPP) to execute a sales strategy to drive revenue growth by driving demand in WPP’s current customer base and net new clients.
You will be a strong relationship builder, being able to identify new opportunities and educate the network about our technology services and implementation capabilities. You have a consultative sales approach and an understanding of the marketing technology space. It is key that you will be able to articulate value, inspire and sell the impact that data and marketing technology can have on transforming a business. As a trusted advisor, you are the person who will collaborate with SMEs across data, technology and operations to develop compelling solutions to solve client’s marketing problems.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Working with the VP of Technology Enablement, you will be responsible for securing net new revenue for the Technology Enablement Business in North America.
- Growth | Nurture a strong pipeline of net new opportunities that continually evolve.
- Ahead of the curve | Qualification and prioritization of in-bound net new revenue opportunities and Engagement of pre-sales resources at the right time via the PMO.
- Develop | Build relationships within the network including Wunderman Thompson, WPP Media Agencies and WPP sister agencies. Ability to scope net new opportunities in collaboration with PMO / Client Teams / Capability Lead.
- Expand | Expand relationships within technology partners like Tealium, Braze, and Attentive to drive growth for servicing clients on those platforms.
Who you are:
- Detail-oriented | This role requires a natural problem solver and someone who is inquisitive and enjoys creating innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies and big data.
- Communicator | Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Technology or Business.
- Postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the Marketing or Technology environment.
- Have hands on experience crafting proposals for technology and engineering engagements.
- Ability to strategically navigate organizations and work with cross-functional teams.
- Up-to-date on Marketing trends in data and tech and interest in data-driven marketing.
- Commercial orientation with some experience/interest in crafting statements of work and building pricing for service businesses.
- Comfort with presenting ideas to senior leaders in team and client meetings.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.