Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson\MSC, our mission is simple: to deliver smarter marketing automation to our clients. As proven leaders in this space, we deliver the partnership and results to help our clients maximize their investments in digital transformation. With the expertise of more than 2,000 full-time employees and 16 global service centers, Wunderman Thompson\MSC is the largest agency-owned marketing services group in the world.
Wunderman Thompson/MSC is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps them succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles: we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking; we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture, and brand experiences; we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson MSC is seeking a Senior Finance Manager with experience in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a team player that works closely with the finance department, the Client Service teams, and our executives. You are a professional within the financial field and have a track record of seamless client account keeping. This individual is a trusted financial adviser and provides the highest level of customer service to our internal and external clients.
What you'll do:
- Financial Controls| Supplier management, cost control (particularly areas of high variability/discretion), trade working capital management, maintenance (timely billing, reconciliation and collection) of accounts receivable, coordination and direction of all audits.
- Planning & Analysis| Anticipate risks and initiate actions to achieve financial objectives. Analyze performance against key benchmarks and highlight areas requiring action. Provide management with information regarding financial and operational performance of clients against internal Client Management targets.
- Operations | Provide operational analysis to management (i.e. client profitability, capacity management, etc.). Provide data to management to assess financial risk/benefit of operational initiatives and actions. Provide "what if" analysis to management, with corresponding financial impact.
- Reporting | Ensure that monthly reporting is performed accurately, completely and timely. Perform all subjective areas of financial reporting, particularly revenue recognition and provisions for risks & charges. Ensure that all financial reporting is performed in according with WPP Policies and Procedures.
- Client Account Management | Oversee client contracts and documentation. Manage agency timesheet system. Follow up with client regarding billing and payment. Adhere to client reconciliation and contract.
Who you are:
- Agile | A jack of all trades equipped with a get-things-done attitude. A driver of initiatives.
- Big-Picture Thinker | A visionary with the ability to bring people together. Ability to marshal teams and create gravity around ideas.
- Appreciator of Business | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. A champion of the finance world who adheres to ethical standards.
- Forecaster | Able to tackle deadlines and special projects with ease. Detail oriented individual highly attuned to organizational best practices.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an agency environment or service-based industry.
- Industry marketing, digital, or advertising experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Experience with SOX Compliance.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.