Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson\MSC, our mission is simple: to deliver smarter marketing automation to our clients. As proven leaders in this space, we deliver the partnership and results to help our clients maximize their investments in digital transformation. With the expertise of more than 2,000 full-time employees and 16 global service centers, Wunderman Thompson\MSC is the largest agency-owned marketing services group in the world.
Wunderman Thompson/MSC is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps them succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles: we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking; we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture, and brand experiences; we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson/MSC is seeking an ambitious Strategic Projects Manager in our Wunderman Thompson MSC office in Boston, who will work directly with our CEO. As part of the WT MSC leadership team, the Strategic Projects Manager will be active in helping to drive the company’s most critical projects, strategic initiatives, and operational rhythm of the business.
This is a hybrid position combining business consulting with great presentation design and storytelling. If you love taking on complex problems and are a master at creating effective, dynamic, and well-thought-out internal and external presentations, then this job provides the opportunity to work with teams across the globe and can provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. This newly created position will play a key role working closely with our CEO, and the MSC leadership team to ensure a laser focus on executing the MSC's top priorities.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience and a front-row seat to how a company leadership team works. Strengths in business process problem solving, graphic design and storytelling are key. This is a "roll up your sleeves” role, and the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Growth | Lead special projects critical to the growth and operations of the MSC. Be the go-to person for creating effective, dynamic, and well-thought-out internal and external presentations.
- Plan | Organize leadership team meetings and offsites, helping to develop objectives and agenda, coordinating with executive assistant(s) on logistics. Own and organize MSC Exco and Key Client meeting preparation and materials. Prepare and track action items from leadership meetings. Organize all the companies’ presentations and client materials on shared repository by client capability with easy access
- Communicate | Support employee communications with our 2,400 employees across the globe. Provide communications support where necessary: drafting emails, memos, presentations.
- Support | Maximize the effectiveness of the CEO by helping balance priorities, communicate effectively, and participate in the most relevant meetings. Join and take actions during key CEO meetings making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-builder | Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout the company.
- Motivated | Able to work independently and has the drive and urgency critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Agile | Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a start-up Chief of Staff or similar role such as strategic consulting, sales ops, new business; project management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience partnering with the CEO or other C-level executive in a fast-scaling Marketing Services company.
- Master at PowerPoint, graphics and formulating compelling storyboards.
- Exceptional communicator in written and verbal form and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience organizing and influencing senior leaders and/or other teams.
- Experience with strategic planning, process and methodologies.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Strong facilitator and able to run meetings and workshops with executive teams.
- Great listener and able to understand, ask the right questions and break down complex problems into logical solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - verbally, in writing, and in creating effective board-level presentations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and executive level presentation skills.
- Martech and Outsourcing savvy person, keeping up to date with news about the industry, events, and thought leadership in the space.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.