Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Strategist who will focus on shaping strategies and content solutions starting from a clear understanding of enterprise audiences, market trends and emerging communication preferences.
You enjoy working with cross-functional teams to bring fully integrated multi-channel campaigns to life as well as website content. You know how to work with data analytics teams to infuse quantitative data into content strategies and recommendations. And you are able to intake and consume complex B2B topics, transforming them into simple and inspiring ideas that enterprise audiences find useful and informative.
You are a proven expert in research and strategic thinking, and you’re passionate about enterprise audiences and their needs, and will use your skills in research and design to help create meaningful, engaging content experiences. You have an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling new ways and channels to engage enterprise audiences and are constantly searching for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies and creative.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Work collaboratively with partners across the organization and with clients to support creative briefs and other strategic and planning deliverables.
- Curious and empathetic | The subject matter, the customer audiences and the content we create may not be what you consume on a day-to-day basis, so it’s imperative that you have a deep empathy and curiosity about what drives enterprise decision-making.
- Innovation | Build expertise and innovation within the Seattle agency. Lead learning sessions, champion the creative and business potential of new technologies and fresh thinking about B2B content.
- Platform Knowledge | Demonstrate deep and insightful knowledge of mainstream and niche enterprise channels and content types. Maintain brand, category and competitive knowledge. Perform primary and secondary research on industry trends, competitive analysis, and enterprise/B2B insights. Use your expertise to build relationships directly with client partners.
- Be an Expert | Understand market landscapes, digital technology, paid media, emerging trends, and key consumer behaviors to develop content and channel strategies and implementation plans for industry leading content.
- Inspire | Create a business culture that motivates your cross-functional team to perform at the highest level.
Who you are:
- Passionate | Roll up your sleeves and to bring ideas to life.
- A Strong Communicator | Develop, communicate and skillfully present Wunderman Thompson’s point-of-view on leading edge topics in content and social, as internal and external thought leadership and in contribution to client work and pitches.
- Big Picture Thinker | Believe that what we do and make matters – to our team, our clients and to people who experience our brand. And an equal belief that how we do it is as important as what we do.
- Curious | Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
- Ego-less | We all wear hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in strategy/planning within a digital agency, consulting firm, and/or boutique strategy firm.
- Deep appreciation for B2B audiences and content types
- Experience leading strategic planning for consumer and B2B brands grounded in analysis and creative insight.
- Experience designing and leading qualitative research of all kinds, such as interviews, focus groups, workshops and brainstorms.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.