Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We’re looking for an experienced PHP/Druapl Developer to develop software according to best practise standards and methodologies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Solve difficult technical problems blocking project progress or work quality
- Ensure that the software is maintainable, scalable, secure and of a high quality
- Mentor Intermediate and Junior developers to encourage best practice standards and methodologies
- Assist with estimations of work
- Run product demonstrations of completed work to clients and other project stakeholders
- Collaborate with other team members of the project, such as usability, design, front-end, QA and project managers
- Actively participate in client workshop and project status calls
Your experience and skills:
- Experienced in developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Experience building responsive websites using Drupal CMS, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions
- knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Through an understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Able to manage an end-to-end code release process
- Ability to work without supervision
Our way of life
Our behaviors embody the way we show up for each other, and our clients. If you can identify with these, you just might be right for us:
- We listen more than we speak. We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
- We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
- We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and positivity to every situation we encounter
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.