Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you'll be doing:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Digital Designer with HTML experience to design and deliver digital creative for one of the world’s biggest media companies. You would be helping to create innovative and impactful campaigns for a premium, globally-recognised British brand that is an authoritative, credible and trusted voice, and a part of the nation’s cultural heritage.
- Day-to-day you'll work with creative teams, strategists and account managers to help generate and visualise new ideas for campaigns to go across email communications, social media channels, display and web.
- You will be creating a range of different media content each week which will include re-touching, graphic design, animation and video work, HTML5 banners and HTML emails (design and build). You may also occasionally design and develop bespoke landing pages, as well as designs for apps and icons.
- Creating excellent, category-leading, on brand content for digital and social platforms, that drives clicks, swipe ups and traffic to the website.
- Creating digital display and social media assets across all devices and having a sound knowledge of dynamic creative tools.
- Understanding and advising on best practice approaches for digital and responsive design across different formats – from mobile to app to desktop outputs.
- Working to ensure briefs and feedback are met and delivered on time.
Who you are:
We would love to meet someone who is multiskilled, highly collaborative, and passionate about UK culture, politics and lifestyle media content. You should be up for the challenge of an ever evolving piece of work - both in the actual design but also in ways of working. You’ll be a key digital design force within our team, alongside our Creatives, Account Managers and Strategists, and should be able to work independently with a light touch oversight from the Creative Director. There will be quick turnarounds and input from multiple stakeholders (client and content partners), so the ability to produce high-quality work confidently and at pace, while also having strict attention to detail, is critical for this role. As we work across multiple channels and formats, we are seeking someone who is aware of different trends across email, social and digital design, and can proactively suggest new creative ideas and ways of engaging customers. Familiarity with editorial content and of working with (or for) global media publishers would be a plus.
You should have a genuine passion for UK culture and the media landscape in general, and be able to create visual designs that excite, connect and engage with customers whilst achieving commercial goals. In addition we’re looking for someone who has…
- Experience in a similar position
- A portfolio demonstrating conceptual ideas and strong design skills
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Animate and Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital design and animation across email, social, web and banners
- Experience in working in HTML development for banners and email builds
- Proficient in DoubleClick Studio & Campaign Manager
- Knowledge of using Sketch, with Invision or Figma experience a nice to have
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.