Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Copywriter who excels at ideating and making for the social media landscape. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the internet and knowledgeable about the language and lexicon of the digital space. Deep interest in social media and emerging technology is essential. An avid consumer of popular culture with a developed eye for excellence in social media, the Senior Copywriter will eagerly take ownership of multiple interdisciplinary projects and thrive in white space.
You should possess a strong voice (in the room and in your copy) and the ability to recognize how social can be leveraged to enhance and drive big campaign ideas. This role requires independence and leadership – confidence in one’s creative sensibilities is key.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments. You’ll analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and social tactics with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Mange and prioritize projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Work | Craft concepts and execute copy based on established voice and tone for myriad social platforms.
- People | Partner with the creative leads to concept, write, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 6 years of copywriting and conceptual experience at a creative or social agency, or equivalent.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing social platform experience and strong conceptual thinking.
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
- A strong sense of the nuances of all social platforms, an understanding of the native vernacular, and a finger on the pulse of future trends.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Desire to be hands-on and you enjoy tinkering and making things.
- Technology experience is a plus. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the clients’ initial ask.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.