Sr. Art Director
Sr. Art Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a brilliant Senior Art Director to join our world class creative team: A next-level conceptual thinker and artist who knows all when it comes to creating work that demands attention across social platforms. You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively – owning a project with some oversight, without hand-holding. Client relationship and presentation skills are expected.
We’re looking for someone who can do the job, and then surprise us with something we’ve never thought of. A one-two punch of confidence and inspiration. Someone who possesses a talent for transforming great ideas into award-winning creative, and has a passion for visual storytelling. We are looking for a creative who enjoys selling their ideas as much as they love crafting them.
What you’ll do:
- Break | Create interactive concepts and campaigns. Embrace the unknown, recognizing that truly great social content knows no rules. You will be excited to create new and experiment rather than default to existing plug-ins. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Create | Ideate constantly and be passionate about bringing new ideas to every brief, tactic, execution, and conversation. Capture brand voice in interactive marketing materials from conception to execution of final deliverables. Be the voice for your team.
- Collaborate | Partner with the Senior Copywriter for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team up with Account Services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts/ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono, and in-house projects.
- Set the Trends | Be the social expert, know current social trends and what’s next. Performs strategic and next-level creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Build Client Relationships | Spearhead client reviews, and work with team to achieve results. Present creative material in both internal and client meetings. Participate in client presentations, and manage client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Forms relationships as a trustworthy and essential team lead across relevant markets, regions, and businesses. Easily recognized and trusted within the agency. Able to spin up creative input in brainstorming sessions.
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapts to solve clients’ challenges. Creates visuals for multichannel initiatives, presentations, and other projects.
- Ambitious | Continuously re-imagines how to partner with clients to build better futures for their business; pro-actively seeks out new opportunities and lateral ideas to solve clients’ biggest business issues. You know what you like, what you’re after, and how to navigate any scenario that comes your way.
- Ready for Today | We need a modern Senior Art Director who can tackle more than just broadcast and video work. We’re looking for an ability to bring brand stories to life across channels and will be looking for portfolios that prove it.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in art direction, preferably in advertising or a related industry.
- Portfolio with successfully launched client projects on broadcast work, social, and everything in between.
- Demonstrated social-first design, concepting, layout ability, and typographic skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant graphic design tools.
- Ability to direct and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Working knowledge of the latest design trends and technology to implement as appropriate.
- Practiced time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Animation and video editing skills are a plus!
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.