Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity working in the Wunderman Thompson Analytics team, part of our wider Data department. We are looking for a talented person who will want to show how reporting and analytics can have a positive impact on understanding customer behaviour and developing the right marketing strategies. This is a brand new role which will support on a variety of projects.
The Lead Analyst will respond to briefs from clients and shape how the team approaches answering those briefs. They will be the ‘go-to’ person for the more junior members of the team and will use their experience to guide, support and mentor those colleagues.
Additionally, the role will be hands on, conducting analysis on multiple sources of data (incl. client data), developing analytics solutions to deliver value through understanding performance of each marketing programme and clients’ customers; actioning this insight by building recommendations.
The Lead Analyst will play an important role in ensuring the team maintains the right mix skills and remains up to date with the latest tools and technologies particularly in the areas of data visualisation, reporting and dashboarding.
The role sits within the Wunderman Thompson Analytics team which is focused on providing analytical solutions for clients including Microsoft, Samsung, Sage, Toyota and BT.
The team have previously won the Best Data and Analytics Team at the Data IQ awards for their client work.
- Playing a leading role in the Analytics team, scoping new projects and ensuring resources are utilised effectively
- Proactively identifying new opportunities with clients where measurement, reporting and analysis can add significant value
- Delivering customer-centric analysis and insights to understand the impact CRM has on customer behaviour and how customer behaviour varies
- Conducting analytical deep dives to further understand market trends and marketing activity, making recommendations in order to optimise ROI
- Being exposed to segmentations and predictive models to help understand customer interaction and which customers to target
- Bringing the story within our clients’ data to life by creating visually engaging dashboards and reports
- Be the client’s trusted advisor on all things analytics by making it easy for them to make business decisions by putting the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Presenting frequently to clients and attend client meetings, sometimes at client locations/remotely
- Working with wider Wunderman Thompson teams to ensure smooth delivery of analytical tasks
- You will be exposed to management, with one or two direct reports (junior analysts)
Who you are:
- Experience in a data and analytics function
- Experience of devising, implementing and managing reporting dashboard design, update and automation, using dashboarding software e.g.: Power BI/Tableau
- Ability to deliver actionable insight in an engaging way, tailored for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of R and SQL, excellent Excel
- Experience of leading/managing analysts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; making the complex simple for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent storytelling via PPT
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.