Lead Experience Strategist (Contract)
Lead Experience Strategist (Contract)
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Lead Experience Strategist responsible for driving user-centered strategic planning on a critical account. Are you an expert in user-centered strategy and insight-driven design? Can you synthesize and translate complex concepts and content into simple, innovative solutions that frame clear opportunities to build strong customer experiences? As Lead Experience Strategist, you don’t just develop experiences for single channel, you look at all the customer touchpoints and define the optimal experiences as customers move across our client’s sites, apps and CRM communication touchpoints.
You’re a seasoned practitioner who thrives at the intersection of data, technology, and creativity. You enjoy pushing a vision and bringing it to life. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, fluent in the end-to-end customer journey. You flourish when thinking about how content can deliver world-class, omnichannel experiences that drive your clients’ business. You’re a restless futurist, inspired by brand and business innovation and emerging technologies, keenly focused on solving the needs of today’s brands.
This is a contract opportunity working with our Seattle team.
What you’ll do:
- Define | Work directly with clients to define (or redefine) the right opportunity and the right problem to solve. Present directly to clients, gaining their trust by telling a concise and compelling story to explain our strategies and approach.
- Uncover | Provide analysis and artifacts to help devise world-class insights that contribute to thoughtful and potentially disruptive strategies. Constantly separate signals from noise in a large quantity of information and rapidly distill it for key stakeholders and creators. Clearly share perspectives and recommendations, demonstrating strong storytelling capabilities.
- Innovate | Develop deliverables such as research plans and analysis, experience briefs, customer journeys, and roadmaps. Provide strategic inputs throughout the creation of the customer experience – from vision and conception to launch and optimization.
- Collaborate | Serve as a subject-matter expert in all things experience strategy and help lead clients and peers to think about opportunities that solve business challenges, while meeting brand and customer needs. Work closely with Content Strategists, Designers, Project Managers, Account Teams, and Technologists, demonstrating and inspiring by showing your knowledge of your craft.
Who you are:
- Systematically Creative Thinker | You’re a technically-minded problem solver who can call on both the analytical and creative sides of your brain to help change the way humans experience the digital world.
- Detail-Driven Craftsperson | You are most motivated when you dig into the details. You know how to create artifacts and deliverables that provide perspective, inspire innovation, and drive decisions and outcomes.
- Collaborator | You thrive working at the center of small groups and serve as a catalyst that helps the team design, deliver and optimize multi-platform, extensible solutions for our clients.
- Optimistic and resilient | You dive in and figure out how to work around problems. You take care of yourself and the team, while maintaining stamina and positivity.
- Relentlessly Curious| You are always on the hunt for new information to form hypotheses and reinforce agency recommendations with compelling data, perspectives and evidence.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a digital or integrated agency or consultancy.
- Experience working in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and Experience Strategy and Design principles as part of the core creative process.
- Proven track record creating Strategy artifacts for multichannel customer experiences including website builds, redesigns, platform builds and brand integrations, like customer journeys, archetypes, experience briefs, strategic POVs, and research plans.
- Experience working on multiple work streams with a familiarity and comfort working within an agile environment.
- Experience in executing research initiatives to gather additional content focused requirements.
- A diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates your approach to Content Strategy and how it was applied to influence the creation of user-centered customers experiences.
- Experience working in telecom or high-tech/online services is preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.