Senior Digital Copywriter
Senior Digital Copywriter
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Take the reins and drive creative excellence by balancing business objectives, strategic direction, and a hefty dose of imagination. Our work ranges from social and digital to fully integrated campaigns, so your mind will be frequently stretched in Along with this, you’ll be expected to drive and deliver proactive thinking.
We believe that the best work starts is built around an authentic understanding of the human for whom it’s created. As a senior writer, oversight of how different elements comprise cross-channel experiences is a key part of the job.
Yes, you’re a thinker. But you’re also a writer, right? Technical excellence, flexibility of voice and knowing how to write for different people and platforms are must-have characteristics.
Getting clients to love the work as much as we do is a key part of how we operate. Senior writers often spearhead these conversations, so an ability to present with grace and gusto is something we’re looking out for.
We’ve got a lot of young talent in our business. For the senior writers, this presents an opportunity to transfer skills, foster growth and empower other writers to become the best versions of themselves. Reviewing work, managing others and mentoring are all commonly in a day’s work.
A part of every WT creative’s responsibility is to continue learning. Whether it’s learning a coding language, sharpening your SEO skills, or diving into becoming better at strategy, part of your job will be growing your mind.
Who you are:
- 5+ years in creative writing positions
- Portfolio reflecting writing proficiencies, measurable effectiveness and creative flair (no points for scammy awards work)
- Experience bringing strategic direction into creative work to define creative strategy
- Mastery of the creative process
- Strong presentation skills (both writing and delivering)
- Ability to balance and adjust speed/quality balance according to briefs
- Experience working interdepartmentally (i.e. with strategy, data, tech, ops etc.) and interagency (local and global)
- Deep, actionable understanding of social, digital, and integrated marketing
- Ability or ambition to manage and grow other writers
- Strong grasp on technical requirements (platform best practice, design compatibility, online/offline etc.)
- Tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) in related field (e.g., copywriting, communications, English, PR, copywriting, journalism) essential
Wunderman Thompson is an international network agency boasting some of the best local and global clients there are, and we’re on the hunt for the industry’s sharpest creative minds. Our clients include range from FMCG, Banking, and Automotive and loads more. This role is best suited to creative writers with a flair for striking concepts, a love for the written word and an ever-growing knowledge of today’s digital consumer realities. Wunderman Thompson’s senior writers are tasked with consistently creating industry-leading work that enables our clients to impact culture, businesses, and everyday people.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.