Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson seeks a flexible, efficient Designer who is a highly detailed master of social channels that can work across a variety of print and digital platforms and applications, developing keen concepts that exceed client objectives and expectations while engaging others. This individual will work specifically on our largest account, working both independently and collaboratively. A next level conceptual designer, you are responsible for conceiving and writing all forms of online advertising, social marketing, and email materials that demand attention.
We’re looking for storytellers with the talent to transform great ideas into engaging creative content. A one-two punch of confidence and inspiration. We are seeking a creative who enjoys selling ideas as much as crafting them.
In this role, you will create and produce digital and print assets for our clients. On the Digital side you will create Banners, landing pages, emails & Sites. On the print side you will work on packaging, editorial, merchandising, etc.
What you'll do:
- Break | Create interactive concepts and campaigns. Embrace the unknown, recognizing that truly great social content knows no rules. You will be excited to create new and experiment rather than default to existing plug-ins. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Translate | Design for a variety of platforms from conception through completion. Be the voice for your team. Roll up your sleeves to execute design plans. Learn the importance of prioritizing projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Craft | Juggle many projects and campaigns at a time. Ideate constantly with new ideas for every brief, conversation, tactic, and final execution.
- Collaborate | Partner with the creative team for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team up with account services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Serve as a respected mentor to your team to execute interactive projects and tackle deadlines.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Curious | Continuously re-imagines how to partner with clients to build better futures for their business; pro-actively seeks out new opportunities and lateral ideas to solve clients’ biggest business issues.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a creative agency.
- 3+ years of experience as Digital Graphic Designer
- 3 years as a Production Artist, Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar within a design studio or creative agency
- Must be able to quickly design materials for digital applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to maintain folder structures on agency servers
- Must be able to follow directions in a timely manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of the following Adobe Creative Suite applications for the Mac OS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (proficiency in Adobe XD and AfterEffects is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of best practices for the web, including: responsive design, accessibility and content management systems (CMS) (Plus)
- Knowledge of the work management tool Jira is a plus
- Motion graphic / animation (plus)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.