Department: Client Services
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Prism are part of the Wunderman Thompson group. We specialise in inspiring engagement through sport and entertainment. For 25 years, we have engaged our client’s audiences locally and internationally, at home and in venue. We’ve worked across the world’s biggest sports, major competitions and bespoke experiences.
Due to business growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for an Account Director to become part of a large WPP agency team managing entertainment activations for a global brand. These entertainment activations will be centred around music, art and fashion partnerships/creators.
We’re looking for a driven, organised and passionate individual who will support the Senior Account Director in liaising with our client, their stakeholders and other WPP agencies, as we deliver activation plans with best-in-class client service and project management skills.
- Reporting to Senior Account Director and accountable for overseeing the day-to-day delivery of the client scope of work. Including heavy emphasis on experiential project management, client/stakeholder management and internal team management
- Coordinate all creative output, content, social media and collateral design production with the support of the wider account management team and Prism in-house content team
- Lead and co-ordinate seamless integration between all client stakeholder groups
- Key day-to-day contact for other WPP stakeholders, responsible for comms flow, reporting and ensuring relevant meeting attendance
- Support the Senior Account Director in providing strategic guidance to clients
- Ensure adherence to mandatory client business processes and communication standards, becoming an expert in those processes and how our team should be working within them
- Support the Senior Account Director in scheduling and managing the client’s quarterly agency review process and complete client evaluation forms when required
- Receive and manage new client briefs and coordinate with the Senior Account Director and wider Prism team to resource each project accordingly
- Oversee complex finance, invoicing and budgeting elements across all projects
- Inspire and demonstrate senior leadership throughout the account, with contagious enthusiasm to solving client problems
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in managing personal development and line management of direct reports
- Liaise directly with the senior client and quickly establish trusted adviser status on the account
- Coordinating and collaborating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Ensuring the account teams keep track of a risk and issue log to identify and resolve issues
- Submitting project deliverables against client briefs and ensuring account teams build out project plans and delivery schedules
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analysing, and summarising relevant information
- Establishing effective communication plans and ensuring their successful execution
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with client
- Obtaining client acceptance of project deliverables and managing client satisfaction within the project transition period
- Conducting post-project evaluation for each project and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Extensive experience in a similar position with a proven track record of success
- Proven ability to manage complex multifaceted events, projects, stakeholders and cross-functional teams within time-pressured environments
- Deep understanding of all aspects of client services, experiential marketing and project management
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innovative approach to the role
- Proven ability to juggle multiple workstreams and projects to a high standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent people skills with a proven ability to build and cultivate strong client and internal relationships
- Resilient and forward thinking in nature
- Experienced in managing complex budgets and demonstratable commercial awareness
- Proven ability to think creatively and provide solutions that make our clients sit up and notice
- Entertainment industry experience preferable
- A passion for entertainment, culture, and sport is highly sought after
- Not afraid to appropriately challenge (in the right way) the creative or strategic direction to ensure the client objectives are achieved
- Experienced in pitching/new business would be an advantage but not a necessity
In addition to the day-to-day, this role offers the opportunity to become a part of a vibrant team with a passionate, nurturing and trusting culture. We provide competitive benefits, a flexible working model and initiatives that support your career and wellbeing and enable creativity to flourish including; 28 days holiday, gym membership, ClassPass, HeadSpace, Private Medical insurance to name a few.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.